Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw this (pretty freakin' awesome :lol:) 80's metal/pop cover band the other night: Chyldz Play on Myspace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

One guitarist was playing Carvins through a Splawn (which sounded fantastic), and the other was shredding his face off on this:

Through some Crate thing (which actually didn't sound too bad either). What is this mystery Hamer?

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! :D

I just bought this guy on eBay for $299. :lol:to tide the GAS over, trans green and no reverse HS, but for $299, fuck it, why not? I think it'll be a fine kickaround guitar with some decent pickups in it.

·
Retarded P.A Overlord.
14,248 Posts
Thanks! :D

I just bought this guy on eBay for $299. :lol: MIK version to tide the GAS over, trans green and no reverse HS, but for $299, fuck it, why not? :D
I had to double check your name there to make sure you weren't called Lee....
:squint:

:lol: Awesome score dude! Especially for that fuckin' price! It's times like this where being an apprentice sucks :(

·
Premium Member
8,188 Posts
Yep. Looks like a USA Diablo. I use to have one only with a maple board in that trans green finish many years ago. Awesome guitars.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
:yesway:

The bridge in the MIK I just bought, that's not an OFR, right? That's Some_thing_I'll_Need_To_Replace?

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
:yesway:

The bridge in the MIK I just bought, that's not an OFR, right? That's Some_thing_I'll_Need_To_Replace?
Yeah, that's a TRS.

·
Slow Money
14,612 Posts
slapping a lo pro into a trs takes just a little bit of sanding, not much.

Took me maybe an hour to do the swap.

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
You can put in an OFR and have a huge gap around the bridge, or possibly an Edge. Dunno post spacing specs though. Also, some cavities might not be deep enough for a Lopro.

·
Premium Member
9,388 Posts
Those guitars are awesome. :yesway:

·
Neil deGrasse Tyson is my HERO.
1,053 Posts
Nice guitar, same with Chris's - A friend of mine had a mixture of the two...gold with a 27 fret neck like Chris's. He played sickeningly-brutal-crackwhore-grind on it :lol:

1 - 20 of 43 Posts