Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just sharing cause I found it "funny"

IDES OF MARCH, fronted by Paul Di'Anno and including four former IRON MAIDEN members, will celebrate the 40th anniversary of the release of IRON MAIDEN's debut album in a headline Beermageddon festival performance in Bromsgrove, England on Sunday, August 30.

IDES OF MARCH has been specially formed for this totally unique occasion and this will be a one-off and never-to-be-repeated performance. The band lineup is:

Paul Di'Anno (ex-IRON MAIDEN) - Vocals
Terry Wapram (ex-IRON MAIDEN) - Guitar
Terry Rance (ex-IRON MAIDEN) - Guitar
Doug Sampson (ex-IRON MAIDEN) - Drums
Speed Harris (HI-ON MAIDEN) - Bass

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/f...wOAHrfWzTazhk2OEI7NVLXq-t4vBIWSMbBNX-2RMnb59w

ps: Where's Blaze? :D

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
:dgaf:

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
Paul Di'Anno does this like twice a week.

There's already been,

Paul Di'Anno's Killers
Paul Di'Anno's Phantoms of the Opera
Paul Di'Anno's Wrathchildren
Paul Di'Anno's Innocent Exiles

It's gotten so ridiculous he's started having to name his parasitic Iron Maiden bands off of instrumental tracks on the albums he was on.

·
ya boi
ESP, Kemper, Marshall
946 Posts
The fact that they seriously got a dude from a Maiden tribute band to be "Steve Harris" kills me. That's exactly what I want to see, Di'Anno huffing and puffing his way through the tunes while dudes who were in Maiden before they did anything of note and a tribute band bassist play Maiden covers.

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
The only awesome post Maiden Paul Di'anno project with Maiden members (although Jannick Gers hadn't been in Maiden yet when he was involved) is Gogmagog.

"Living in a Fucking Time Warp" is my jam. I fucking love that song. It sounds like the Sex Pistols covering an REO Speedwagon B side. Also it's just a classic song title.

·
Premium Member
11,451 Posts
The only awesome post Maiden Paul Di'anno project with Maiden members (although Jannick Gers hadn't been in Maiden yet when he was involved) is Gogmagog.

"Living in a Fucking Time Warp" is my jam. I fucking love that song. It sounds like the Sex Pistols covering an REO Speedwagon B side. Also it's just a classic song title.

Wow, someone else owns this? Good might be a stretch.

I actually. Like Paul Di'Anno's Battlezone, and Killers "Murder One" album. None of them are an attempts to sound like Maiden.

·
Thread Killer
2,196 Posts
Headlining Beermageddon is a fitting book-end to his 'career', a small hall with a shin height stage in front of a consistently sparse crowd. Hey, at least the parking will be ample.

·
Registered
59 Posts

I can't believe I've never listened to that before. I knew Gogmagog had existed, but never checked it out. That's a riot.

I'll have to go look up more, especially because it has Pete Willis, who played on (and wrote a lot of) the two best Def Leppard albums, which are some of my all-time favorite albums, period.

·
Super Moderator
8,927 Posts
Pretty sad what's become of Di'Anno. He was perfect for the first two Maiden albums and really developed his singing further in the decade after that.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts