Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
32,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Report: Teens Using Digital Drugs to Get High | Threat Level | Wired.com

I'm not sure where else to put this - Colin just sent this my way.

I'm dumbfounded. I'm sorry, I thought the whole point of music WAS to take you to a different emotional or spiritual place? Pink Floyd's "Mother" at the right place and right time can hit me harder than any downer I've ever heard, and a Satriani solo can get me more amped up than any stimulant. Why the fuck is this news, and furthermore, why the fuck is this a problem??

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
Because if you have a problem, then someone can sell you a solution.

·
NSLALP
13,286 Posts
I think Threat Level was mocking the officials, but this is a real story, right? So, someone's being an asshole about it. Unless Wired has moved to being The Onion.

·
Premium Member
32,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Umm, Drew, you knew that article was satire, right? :lol:
You sure?

I-Dosing: Digital Drugs and Binaural Beats | Psychology Today

Digital drugs, I-dosing - KFOR

Wired is clearly making fun of the whole reaction, but it's not like they made up the story.

EDIT - this:

I think Threat Level was mocking the officials, but this is a real story, right? So, someone's being an asshole about it. Unless Wired has moved to being The Onion.

·
Read Only
3 Posts
Wired said:
Perhaps most importantly, what will happen if the kids move onto harder stuff like Steve Reich, Philip Glass or even Janet Cardiff's installation, "The Killing Machine"?
:lol:

·
Retarded P.A Overlord.
14,248 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Useless fucking piece of shit: Opera/9.80 (S60; SymbOS; Opera Mobi/448; U; en-GB) Presto/2.4.18 Version/10.00)

It doesn't even work, I've had this thing for years with all the 'drugs' you're supposed to pay for, absolute shite :lol:

·
\m/ Tits & Beer \m/
1,150 Posts
Le sigh... I guess some states are really adhering to the movie "Idiocrasy."

""Kids are going to flock to these sites just to see what it is about and it can lead them to other places,"

Come on- let's be realistic. The only other place they'll end up is XTube. It's amazing how the Oklahoma Bureau of Narcotics gets any type of support/funding. I can totally see this happening in like North Korea or something... but here? Some states feel like they're on different planets I swear.

·
Super Moderator
8,927 Posts
It's amazing how the Oklahoma Bureau of Narcotics gets any type of support/funding.
It's called job security. What do you think the War on Drugs is all about? Inventing new categories of forbidden fruit is what these assholes are all about.

OK, I'll stop with the political stuff now. :lol:

This reminds me of people looking for secret messages on Led Zeppelin albums. Come to think it, that mostly involved slack-jawed yokels too. I'm sensing a theme...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts