Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Squirrel...
3,157 Posts
Really? I think it kinda sucks. The selection is pretty bad for the time being, and when I took the survey to see what kind of movies i'd be interested in, it showed all these movies available on the US site, but none of them were available on the Canadian site. :lol:

I did watch a couple of movies though, but the TV selection is pretty abysmal.

Also, watch your bandwidth usage. Don't wanna go over and get ass raped by Bell or Rogers, or whomever.

·
Squirrel...
3,157 Posts
I'm likely going to keep it after the first month, and cancel my cable with Rogers, as most of our television viewing is used as background noise while we're on the internet.

$8 a month beats $60. :lol:

·
18,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So, a few months in, I'm averaging about 12 movies/shows a month, which works out to about $0.66 per movie/show, which I can live with :lol: It doesn't have everything I wish it had, but it has a bunch of stuff I've never heard of that turns out to be awesome, and stuff I wouldn't have taken a chance on if I had to pay full price, which also ended up being pretty good.

Also, stopping a movie part way through never felt so guilt-free :lol:

I'm sure the selection in the US is still better than here, though.

·
Squirrel...
3,157 Posts
So, a few months in, I'm averaging about 12 movies/shows a month, which works out to about $0.66 per movie/show, which I can live with :lol: It doesn't have everything I wish it had, but it has a bunch of stuff I've never heard of that turns out to be awesome, and stuff I wouldn't have taken a chance on if I had to pay full price, which also ended up being pretty good.

Also, stopping a movie part way through never felt so guilt-free :lol:

I'm sure the selection in the US is still better than here, though.
Watch your monthly data caps with your internet provider, and if it's available in your area, get internet from someone like Teksavvy. 200GB a month, or unlimited for about the same price as Bell or Rogers and their 25GB.

(The author of this post is soon going to be a Teksavvy reseller, and is shamelessly promoting, so that he can make $1-$2 a month off of you in commission)

·
Thread Killer
6,491 Posts
Watch your monthly data caps with your internet provider, and if it's available in your area, get internet from someone like Teksavvy. 200GB a month, or unlimited for about the same price as Bell or Rogers and their 25GB.

(The author of this post is soon going to be a Teksavvy reseller, and is shamelessly promoting, so that he can make $1-$2 a month off of you in commission)
We have unlimited Date. :flex:

·
Squirrel...
3,157 Posts
$5/mo more than unlimited on my provider. (After the 6mth promo on that page is up)

24Mbps compared to our 15mbps though.

Can't say the diff makes me want to bask in this 'glory' that you speak of. :shrug:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.