Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
is on drug whatever
6,523 Posts
I could very possibly have half of these in my inbox by the time I open up my emails at work tomorrow, nothing like sifting through mountains of crap before you've even had a coffee. :/

·
Mr. Negative Pants, ,
14,796 Posts
YES!

God, i hate it when account managers send me emails asking to send them files when chances are:

a) they're on the file server; and/or

b) i've already sent them to you half a dozen times already... just search your fucking email and forward them to your client yourself. Again. [email protected]#$.

·
Squirrel...
3,157 Posts
the amount of these I get at work is very very sad
:agreed:

Crazy ass long signatures and chain letters/SPAM emails of some sort where everyone uses 'Reply to all' are the two most frequent ones for me. It's annoying as shit, but I can't really do much because HR has an issue with me being a dick.

Although, one time at my old job, an email where everyone used Reply to All resulted in quite an hilarious afternoon. :lol:

·
MG.ORG Irregular
9,747 Posts
those confidentiality signatures are so friggin annoying lol. Our mailserver attaches one even if you don't want it :lol:

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
Heh. Today at work someone accidently used an application user notification address for a program that, like, my entire line of business uses when they meant to use a much smaller support address. The result was one of those classic emails that goes down like this:

Issue that needs to be resolved.
Response from the right guy asking for more information
Two emails of related back and forth.
"Hi, I don't think I should be on this distribution list."
"Me too. Please remove me."
"Me as well."
"Yeah, me too."
"Listen, this email distribution list was used in error - please stop hitting reply all asking to be removed."
"Yeah me as well. I shouldn't get this."
"Me too."
"Seriously guys, stop replying all."
"Ok"
"Hey, could someone take me off this distribution list?"

I got fifty or sixty emails in the span of a half hour. It was pretty awesome.

·
Premium Member
13,448 Posts
:lol: Had to agree with every single one of those. My biggest problem is with the "Reply to all" e-mails.

That dude is hilarious. :yesway:

·
Premium Member
13,448 Posts
I got added to the most annoying e-mail list at work a few months ago. Most of the folks e-mailing on it live in the US and Europe, so while I'm sleeping, they're e-mailing. One time, I went home and when I checked my e-mail the next day, there were 650 e-mails from that list. I spent 30 minutes just deleting them. :lol: That's my personal record so far.

·
Party Röcker
1,372 Posts
These are all too familiar.

My favorite, though, is 'print, sign, and fax back to me'. I have a few tablets and PDF annotation, but... sure, fuck trees anyway. Let me just move these polio medications and phonograph cylinders aside, and I'll get that faxed over right after I finish doing the Charleston and showing off my brand-new pork pie hat. Could I get a telegram for confirmation?

Jeff

·
Squirrel...
3,157 Posts
Heh. Today at work someone accidently used an application user notification address for a program that, like, my entire line of business uses when they meant to use a much smaller support address. The result was one of those classic emails that goes down like this:

Issue that needs to be resolved.
Response from the right guy asking for more information
Two emails of related back and forth.
"Hi, I don't think I should be on this distribution list."
"Me too. Please remove me."
"Me as well."
"Yeah, me too."
"Listen, this email distribution list was used in error - please stop hitting reply all asking to be removed."
"Yeah me as well. I shouldn't get this."
"Me too."
"Seriously guys, stop replying all."
"Ok"
"Hey, could someone take me off this distribution list?"

That's almost exactly what happened at my old job, but the person who initiated the email, asked that everyone hit reply all if they were looking for someone to switch shifts with. The email was meant for a group of say, 30 people, but instead they sent it to every department, at every office, across 3 provinces. :lol:

So everyone at my lowly level in the company was hitting reply all, even if they were not at my office in Toronto where it all began, and was intended for, and everyone from every other department, in every office kept asking to be removed from the list when replying.

It got really out of hand, and then a few hours in, some genius decided to say something like "Ok, ok....everyone who wants to be on the shift swap email list, let everyone know, and then if anyone wants to send out a shift swap request email, only send it to those who replied stating that they wanted to be on the list" which started a whole new wave of Reply All's...

This i why email filters are your friend. :lol:

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
These are all too familiar.

My favorite, though, is 'print, sign, and fax back to me'. I have a few tablets and PDF annotation, but... sure, fuck trees anyway. Let me just move these polio medications and phonograph cylinders aside, and I'll get that faxed over right after I finish doing the Charleston and showing off my brand-new pork pie hat. Could I get a telegram for confirmation?

Jeff
Seriously, how is it that I either completely despise you, or think you are utterly brilliant? :lol:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts