1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Where?!
2,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Great tone, great looking guitar too. This reminds me of P-Tree a bit, though the vocals aren't my thing.

Good stuff regardless.

·
Read Only
7,880 Posts
Great tone, great looking guitar too. This reminds me of P-Tree a bit, though the vocals aren't my thing.

Good stuff regardless.
The new album is very proggy and has a strong Porcupine Tree vibe in a lot of spots. If you can make it past the parts with growled vocals you'd probably dig it. I've been listening to it a ton since it came out.

·
Where?!
2,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

A new one... this time on eight-string!

·
Read Only
1,374 Posts
I love Ihsahn's solo efforts.

His songwriting is really cool, and there's hardly ever any resolution to his note choice - but when he does resolve stuff, it hits like a brick in the best way possible. Can't say enough good!

·
Sir Groove-A-Lot
Charvel So Cal & San Dimas
6,916 Posts
The tone has an almost stoner/sludge vibe to it. It's woolly and soft but not muddy. I really dig that.

·
This space for rent
1,482 Posts
i dig it. I really like when he was doing the Left Hand Path videos a while back too.

·
Premium Member
5,213 Posts
Yeah Ihsahn is one of the few people I can think of that can play and 8 string without sounding like they are ripping something else off. I've got all his solo albums other than the newest one but wouldn't say I'm a big fan. I like them most when they sound like Prometheus era emperor like Frozen Lakes on Mars.

·
Dead & likes Rendang
3,170 Posts
I'm not big on black metal and the only Emperor album I like is Prometheus. But I really love what Ihsahn is doing on his solo albums, particularly After.

And his new album rocks pretty damn hard.

These are more classic metal anthems more than anything else, but definitely gets the fist pumping.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts