Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
\m/ Tits & Beer \m/
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Holy fuck, did not expect that!

I usually never enter contests like this simply because they're usually popularity contests, but apparently some of GP's staff liked "Acid Reign" enough to include me in this year's competition. I totally just entered this thing for shits and giggles.

Now the biggest hurdle above the competition itself is having to notate this song. Do you guys have ANY idea how incredibly painful that is going to be?! LOL I just hope that this back-up band can actually pull this song off the day of the show.

:eek::eek: Holy fuck, did NOT expect that…. :eek::eek:

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
Kickass! :D You and Eric Clemenzi both - I hope to god it's one of you guys. :D

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
Sweet!

Uhm, can you tab it with GuitarPro5? :wub:

·
\m/ Tits & Beer \m/
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sweet!

Uhm, can you tab it with GuitarPro5? :wub:
Yeeeeees :wub: I get tons of requests for tabs, so I'm actually working on adding a Guitar Tablature link to my website. Hopefully by the end of the summer it'll be up and running.

I'm more nervous about the house band more than anything... can one of you west coasters fill in for me guitarwise?! LOL

·
Banned
7,428 Posts
Wirelessly posted (A Destroyer of short people: Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4B1 Safari/419.3)

Thats great news, congratulations.

·
MG Official Sponsor
54 Posts
Congrats, Angel! I look forward to meeting you out in California!!

Thanks to everyone on Metal Guitarist that showed your support for us!!

·
\m/ Tits & Beer \m/
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Congrats, Angel! I look forward to meeting you out in California!!

Thanks to everyone on Metal Guitarist that showed your support for us!!
Eric! Dude, I've been meaning to introduce myself to you for a while now. Congratulations to you as well, well deserved! Really looking forward to meeting with you at the event, should be badass!!!

·
\m/ Tits & Beer \m/
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
So uh... guess who's going first in this lovely competition? >.<

Here's the set order for the show.

[1] Angel Vivaldi
[2] Chris Delis
[3] Ignacio DiSalvo
[4] Val Kostadinov
[5] Kevin Zugschwert
[6] Don Alder
[7] Eric Clemenzi
[8] Jodee Frawlee
[9] Karim Khorsheed
[10] Dan Kumar

Besides that, we've also gotta use whatever gear they have there. Last year Mesa Boogie provided them with a Lonestar and a Stilleto which is fine if I was playing Santana. I'm one of those players that needs good tone to tear it up, so I'm thinking I might ask my rhythm guitarist for his Boss GT-10. Considering I play a 6505+, do you guys think I could get a decent rhythm and lead tone of this thing? Any thoughts on it in general? I've only ever used amps, never a floorboard.

>.<

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
Find out what amps they're using this year, and we'll all figure out how to get close to a 6505+ with it for ya.

·
\m/ Tits & Beer \m/
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
UPDATE!!

Guitar Superstar 2010 was quite a mind-blowing experience! All of the contestants were super cool, talented and supportive as were the judges and GP staff. They really hooked us up w/free shit and tons of exposure. As some of you already know, Don Adler came in first, our very own Eric Clemenzi came in second and Chris Crowe came in third. Every one of these players truly deserved to win and couldn't be more stoked for them!

Eric and I in the limo- w00t!

I shared a stretch limo with Eric Clemenzi from the airport to the hotel. Eric's a super awesome guy - he and I became quick buds. We got some Indian grub and got to check out the Gary Hoey show the night we got into town. The theater and the live sound was incredible, Gary rocked it out to a sold out show that night. The next day consisted of an all day sound check with each artist. Mesa/Boogie provided the backline which pretty much had every Mesa currently available. I figured the Mark V was my best bet out of them all. Today, I am an official Mesa Boogie LOATHER. John at Mesa Boogie was pretty helpful by dialing in the most decent tone for me while I ran an TS and a NS-2 up front. I probably could have gotten a thicker, less dry/thin tone by plugging into my grandmother's love cave. It was horrendous and I will never plug into another Mesa unless I'm forced to ever again. LOL A lot of the other contestants shared a similar opinion on the tone they got. Bottom line- there's nothing like plugging into your own rig. Here's the riggeroo&#8230;.

Now the house band was my main concern throughout the entire event. The musical director was traveling, so there was a severe lack of communication. 4 days before the show he finally got back to me and suggested that I choose another song for the event. Not really a concern for me, but more so for the band that invested time into learning the stuff. Long story short, we ended up doing the original song I could tell they all really did their homework because they pulled it off pretty well!

The judges were uber cool. They all offered positive feedback and none really had anything negative to say&#8230; which considering Elliot Easton's past critiques was a straight up miracle being that he detests shred. All in all a crazy awesome trip!!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts