Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Pallin' around
9,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, since my guitarist is going on tour for all of August, and my drummer is getting ankle surgery, I decided.

Fuck it all, I am not going to be stopped. I am going to record my solo EP. Gonna try my best to not pull a :drew:, but pull a :seanbabs:. Decided I'll make it free for everybody. I'll also likely release a version without leads, so you can play to the backing tracks and be better than me!

·
Premium Member
32,765 Posts
:lol:

1.) Fuck you, man. :lol:

2.) Hell yes. Do it, see if you can finish the followup before me! :D

·
DOO)))M
7,435 Posts
:yesway:

I'm currently working on 2 albums at the moment, one being a grindcore album about the X-Men and such, and the other is a concept album that I'm keeping in the dark until it's done

·
Premium Member
7,708 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2.1; en-us; ADR6400L 4G Build/FRG83D) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

I will be buying it :agreed:

·
Pallin' around
9,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Okay, writing has gone pretty well so far. I don't think I am going to try to set a specific feel for this one. I am not really in the mood to make something too tech or prog, as sometimes things sound forced when I do that.

I am more going to focus on feel and grooves. And shred!

Also, I am going to try to make everything tabbed out in Guitar Pro. I might be buying some artwork for the cover art, so there might be a couple packages I might do.

1) Album is free
2) Album + Guitar Tabs + Album with no leads for $3
3) Album + Hard copy guitar tabs + Album with no leads + poster + sticker for some amount of money that depends on how much shit costs.

If all goes well, I might try to book an opening slot at a bar or something to play it live. I've kinda always wanted to do that...

·
Pallin' around
9,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hey guys! Thought I would post some quick sketches and ideas I had, so you know what this thing might be like. I've decided to go with the path of least resistance, and most fun. This thing is just going to be what it is. I am not going to try to write the best album in the world, or cater to anybody. This is just going to be a mark of what music comes out of me right now.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.