Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
MG.ORG Irregular
9,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After being pissed off at Debian testing AMD64 doing some weird shit with my virtual console I killed it off and installed this shit. Used the liveCD at first which blew ass and totally gayed out on the grub installation so I downloaded the alternate cd and installed it fine.

Anyway works well enough, lol, I really hate gnome so this is a nice departure from my previous ubuntu studio installation.

anyway a screenshot

·
Bro of Bros, Bro.
15,373 Posts
ubuntu/kubuntu/xubuntu is a picky bitch, i've given up on it for fedora, much less temperamental. if i get tired of fedora i'll just go back to slackware, or maybe give arch linux a try.
Kubuntu looked like it loaded correctly, but when I restarted, it just gave me a bunch of errors. I think I may give Ubuntu a try.

·
I don't like it.
11,071 Posts
Kubuntu looked like it loaded correctly, but when I restarted, it just gave me a bunch of errors. I think I may give Ubuntu a try.
what kind of errors? i've had plenty of times where it didn't set up grub correctly, i had to do it myself. i also distupgraded to 8.10 recently and it totally ruined my ubuntu install, thats what made me install fedora, i've had ubuntu ruin itself on dist-upgrade way too many times.

·
Bro of Bros, Bro.
15,373 Posts
what kind of errors? i've had plenty of times where it didn't set up grub correctly, i had to do it myself. i also distupgraded to 8.10 recently and it totally ruined my ubuntu install, thats what made me install fedora, i've had ubuntu ruin itself on dist-upgrade way too many times.
Yes, one of my buddies had issues when he went to 8.10. A lot of stuff wasn't supported.

With kubuntu, I actually don't remember what errors I got, it just started loading and gave me some errors, so I rebooted to windows and uninstalled.

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
I was going to try Kubuntu, but then I remembered how gay KDE is. :rofl: It's like they took the worst UI parts of Windows, and took it from Ryan Seacrest levels to Richard Simmons levels.

·
Mutes the Meat
10,236 Posts
Looks nice, I don't have much of a preference between Gnome and KDE, but I tend to like Gnome's apps better. I haven't had a linux installation in too long :(

·
MG.ORG Irregular
9,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I haven't liked gnome since I first tried the initial release although I have to say, sawfish is a godlike window manager, the rest of it just kinda sucked.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts