Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,264 Posts
Nolly has my new favorite bass tone, well ever since he got that Dingwall Afterburner. Its all about that scale length on the low string man, it makes a huge difference!

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
Nolly has my new favorite bass tone, well ever since he got that Dingwall Afterburner. Its all about that scale length on the low string man, it makes a huge difference!
It's a pain in the ass to find strings that long (I prefer coated strings since I don't play bass THAT much, and D'Addario EXP XLs are just barely long enough, though they're also heavy enough that at that length the truss rod needs to go just about as far as it can), but no question they have a super-clear low end at that scale.

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
It's a pain in the ass to find strings that long (I prefer coated strings since I don't play bass THAT much, and D'Addario EXP XLs are just barely long enough, though they're also heavy enough that at that length the truss rod needs to go just about as far as it can), but no question they have a super-clear low end at that scale.
It's funny, since I've been through several string sets on my Afterburner, but the Dingwall stainless strings are still the best I've ever heard that bass sound.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts