Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Hopefully they're better than when I saw them in Vegas. I was SO FUCKING PSYCHED for the show, and it ended up being 5 or 6 songs with 20 minutes of dick jokes inbetween each one, and they didn't even play DTABM. :mad:

·
Registered
4,184 Posts
^ My experience was similar but they played an all cover encore which was quite cool. and they played most the songs off the CD but it was like a 60 min set.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
^ My experience was similar but they played an all cover encore which was quite cool. and they played most the songs off the CD but it was like a 60 min set.
When I saw them, they went on at 1AM on a Saturday night at the Hard Rock. They opened with a Poison cover, then talked for 20 minutes, played another cover, talked for 20 minutes, played Community Property, talked for half an hour, then played two covers, talked some more, and closed with Sweet Child O' Mine.

It was a 2 hour show of just them, and they played 6, maybe 7 songs. :(

·
I miss you Avalanche
3,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
SHIT!!

The woman on the MN shift who comes in at 9:30 called in to say she'd be late. :mad: So now I won't be able to leave until at least 10 :( Hope they don't go on until after 10:30/11ish.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
They were an hour or so late when I saw them, so I wouldn't worry about it. :lol:

They still put on a great show, I just wish it was more music and less comedy-act.

·
Registered
4,184 Posts
When I saw them, they went on at 1AM on a Saturday night at the Hard Rock. They opened with a Poison cover, then talked for 20 minutes, played another cover, talked for 20 minutes, played Community Property, talked for half an hour, then played two covers, talked some more, and closed with Sweet Child O' Mine.

It was a 2 hour show of just them, and they played 6, maybe 7 songs. :(
That sucks man I hope you didnt pay too much for those tix. I wouldnt have minded if I had had the same experience tho cuz i went for free :lol:

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Hopefully they're better than when I saw them in Vegas. I was SO FUCKING PSYCHED for the show, and it ended up being 5 or 6 songs with 20 minutes of dick jokes inbetween each one, and they didn't even play DTABM. :mad:
Fucking lame. Weird Al's way funnier than those guys, and he gives you a full set. And how do you NOT play the only song most people have heard? :noway:

·
I miss you Avalanche
3,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok, it was a good show, although I got a little pissed off near the end of the show when they just couldn't stop the joking. I wanted more songs, but its ok, they did a good show. Encore had DTABM in it as the last song, so that was ok (got worried for a while that they wouldn't play it!).

And how do you NOT play the only song most people have heard? :noway:
Judging by the crowd that was there last night, I'm guessing more people were there cuz of Community Property than DTABM. That place was packed, and I kept looking around and like only 10% of the people there were singing along... I hate Royal Oak. Bunch of fuckiing Yuppies.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Great to hear that they played DTABM. :metal:

Sucks that they still talk too much. Their guitarist plays his ass off though, doesn't he?

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
He ought to, he teaches at GIT.

·
I miss you Avalanche
3,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Their guitarist plays his ass off though, doesn't he?
Umm... I wasn't overly impressed. He woulda been eaten alive by all the 'real' talented guitarists if they really were back in the 80s. I thought he was sloppy. Both in the rhythm sections, and in his solos. He did a 'guitar solo' section, and you could definitely tell he was slopping it up a bunch. Maybe it was a bad night? :shrug:

He ought to, he teaches at GIT.
Really?? Wow... then I'm definitely not impressed. :(

1 - 14 of 14 Posts