Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
haha I gfuess Im old fashioned, I just cant seem to get myself to download albums from iTunes. I guess it goes back to when I was younger and loved getting a new cassette, CD and looking at the Album Art, reading the lyrics. Obviously Cd's are obsolete now, sorta sucks.

·
Registered
6,968 Posts
Nah, man. I buy stuff all the time. I think i've got about 500 albums, give or take, now. I'll be pickup up the new Atheist, Sodom, Agalloch & a few others in the next month or so, as well.

·
Premium Member
32,765 Posts
I still buy them, whenever a band I'm really into releases something. :shrug:

·
Premium Member
8,927 Posts
I still buy almost everything on CD. The only time I ever buy stuff on iTunes is when I get a gift certificate, or if it's some old jazz album that is out of print on CD. I was surprised at first at how much obscure stuff the major labels have released on iTunes that you can only get on CD from Japan for mucho dollars, if at all.

·
NICE BLACKMACHINE YO
7,276 Posts
I'm not a fan of the download since I have to burn it onto a CD to use in my car anyway.
I guess the other thing is between all those CompuServe bills and stacks of 3Gb drives you have lying around, downloading's just not efficient.

·
Head of Agile Gestapo
5,675 Posts
I guess the other thing is between all those CompuServe bills and stacks of 3Gb drives you have lying around, downloading's just not efficient.
:lol:

·
Read Only
1,374 Posts
I still buy CDs primarily.

I really dig actually *finding* copies of CDs, so if I look for something for a really long time without finding it, I'll download it on amazon. I'd rather download it than not have the "ripping the CD open for the car ride home" experience.

·
By your command!
180 Posts
No use for CD's here. I transferred them to my computer, bought a nice amp and threw them out. Spent 100 euro's on a USB equipped car radio and some 4 gb USB sticks and never looked back. Only issue is that music isn't always available as legal download.

·
Premium Member
32,450 Posts
I buy CDs, simply because they sound better than what you can download for practically the same price. I've heard plenty of modern masterings get ruined when you move to mp3. I also try to buy from the artist on tour, rather than from the store/web.

·
Reverend Secret Flower
11,837 Posts
i havnt bought a cd in close to a decade. i dont have some kind of material obsession that makes me need to have something in my hands, and the quality issue(to me atleast) is neglagable compared to the versitility of having them in all electronic formats.

that being said, i would rather have the cd, but not for the prices they charge.

·
Premium Member
32,450 Posts
The artist gets a bigger cut, since they are not paying a retailer or distributor. Matt Camacho thanked me profusely when I told him I waited to buy the new Forbidden disc from them on tour.

·
MG.ORG Irregular
9,747 Posts
The artist gets a bigger cut, since they are not paying a retailer or distributor. Matt Camacho thanked me profusely when I told him I waited to buy the new Forbidden disc from them on tour.
Yeah I waited for my friend's band to come around to buy theirs :yesway: I try to buy merch from the band at shows since the money goes to them directly (at least for smaller bands)

·
Premium Member
32,450 Posts
Yeah I waited for my friend's band to come around to buy theirs :yesway: I try to buy merch from the band at shows since the money goes to them directly (at least for smaller bands)
:yesway:

Buying merch from the smaller touring bands often makes the difference between a hot meal and a hotel room, and cold ramen and crashing in the van.

·
18,790 Posts
Yeah, I'm the same as Noodles, even with bigger bands. The last three shows I went to (Bad Religion, Coheed and Cambria, Devin Townsend) I planned on buying their CDs at the show, but two (BR and DT) didn't have CDs available. Coheed, I bought their live DVD and the deluxe edition of their new CD (which comes with a DVD and a novel), and spent way less than it would have been at a store, and I'm sure they got a bigger cut.

·
I measure things
1,917 Posts
I primarily buy CDs. Just like the OP I like to look at the album art and read the lyrics or whatever else is typed in there. I listen to CDs in my truck (don't have one of those iPod adapter thingys).

Only times I download are if I can't get a physical CD (because they are no longer available) or if I get some great deal from Amazon that I can't pass up.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts