Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Nine EMG Guitars
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cant wait. IM gonna run it into a marshall cab 1960a and gonna use either a peavet ipr 1600 amp, or a qsc rmx 850, or rocktron velocity 300. Any thought on which one

·
Lord Super Awesome
5,701 Posts
If you're shooting for an SS power amp, go for a Carvin. Super clean, transparent, bullet proof reliability & REALLY powerful. The Carvin DCM & Stewart SLA series seem to be favorites of Axe-Fx owners. I've used a Carvin DCM1500 w/ the Axe-FX & various other preamps....perfect every time.

·
Pallin' around
9,532 Posts
If you're shooting for an SS power amp, go for a Carvin. Super clean, transparent, bullet proof reliability & REALLY powerful. The Carvin DCM & Stewart SLA series seem to be favorites of Axe-Fx owners. I've used a Carvin DCM1500 w/ the Axe-FX & various other preamps....perfect every time.
:agreed: I use the DC1000 and it is great.

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
The Peavey IPR series are fantastic as well. If I had gotten the bass preamp I was looking at, I would have been using either an IPR 3000, a Crown XLS 2500, or a Carvin HD1500.

·
Slow Money
14,612 Posts
I just love the IPRs for the fact that you can get 1400 watts per side unbridged (from the 6000) in an amp under 6.5 pounds :lol:

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
The high powered ones are stellar!

Plus, the newer DCML series are like the Peavey IPRs. Very high powered & extremely lightweight.
Not quite as much power, nor quite the ability to run at 2 ohms. Still great amps, but right now the IPRs are looking like the ones to beat for lightweight pro power amps.

Now if only the faceplates weren't so fucking ugly :lol:

·
Mr. Negative Pants, ,
14,796 Posts
Peavey's always been incredibly successful at designing aesthetically-challenged products that do manage to punch above their weight for the price they sell for.

I wish they'd do a 1U version of those IPR power amps.

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
"aesthetically-challenged" :lol:

·
Lord Super Awesome
5,701 Posts
Not quite as much power, nor quite the ability to run at 2 ohms. Still great amps, but right now the IPRs are looking like the ones to beat for lightweight pro power amps.

Now if only the faceplates weren't so fucking ugly :lol:
Peavey's still a great product, but c'mon, how many 2 ohm guitar rigs do you see? <<< That was rhetorical. :fawk:

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
If you're running the 3000, you're running a bass rig, or PA :lol:

No argument there.

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Get the new HD1500. 50% MOAR, newer, and just as cheap, if you're going Carvin.

Carvin.com :: HD1500

·
Bro of Bros, Bro.
15,373 Posts
That is a great deal. That is a lot of watts, though. My Mesa Simul 2:90 was actually louder than my 300, though. I can't imagine I'd ever need 1000 watts!

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Tube watts always sound much louder than SS watts. Deals with how they clip and compress differently.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts