Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And I'm putting my iPad and iPhone away for the week. No seriously. This isn't an April Fool's joke.

So far, I like the Z10. The Windows 8 tablet? Still hating it so far.

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Okay so the Windows tablet is getting shelved again but the Z10 is really cool. The only problem is the lack of available apps. Just missing so much.

·
Squirrel...
3,157 Posts
Bullshit. It has all the apps you need right here:

BlackBerry World - Forty-Two

I can't think of any other apps you'd need. In fact, you should download one or both of those apps to see what I'm talking about. And while you're at it, give em a nice rating indicating that those apps are truly, all you need to be happy in life.

Only thing left is Netflix, but I'm sure elq is all over it.

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Bullshit. It has all the apps you need right here:

BlackBerry World - Forty-Two

I can't think of any other apps you'd need. In fact, you should download one or both of those apps to see what I'm talking about. And while you're at it, give em a nice rating indicating that those apps are truly, all you need to be happy in life.

Only thing left is Netflix, but I'm sure elq is all over it.
I have a Wii, do you have an app for that?

Seriously though, awesome phone, no good apps (except for yours). Need to get the Android thingy working tomorrow, and see how that works.

·
Squirrel...
3,157 Posts
The android emulator on BB10 is currently 2.3. It's being upgraded to 4.0, but probably not for a while. Not sure why they waited so long to do that, but since pretty much all the big name apps that have agreed to come over are only repackaging their android apps, it's now become a pretty high priority.

Side loading android apps is pretty easy to do if that's what you're referring to. They even have a website that repackages the .apk file into a .bar for you.

·
I don't like it.
11,071 Posts
Real Windows 8 tablet? Send it to me...

For free :D

Still loving my touchscreen Windows 8 laptop. Use touch more than I use the touchpad.

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The android emulator on BB10 is currently 2.3. It's being upgraded to 4.0, but probably not for a while. Not sure why they waited so long to do that, but since pretty much all the big name apps that have agreed to come over are only repackaging their android apps, it's now become a pretty high priority.

Side loading android apps is pretty easy to do if that's what you're referring to. They even have a website that repackages the .apk file into a .bar for you.
Yeah the side loading is what I'm talking about. I found that today.

Real Windows 8 tablet? Send it to me...

For free :D

Still loving my touchscreen Windows 8 laptop. Use touch more than I use the touchpad.
Thinkpad Tablet 2. Windows 8 on a tablet blows goats. I can't imagine anyone enjoying it. I'd rather use a Nexus 10.

·
Squirrel...
3,157 Posts
I think I could only ever use a Win8 tablet when devices with Intels upcoming low power, whateverthefuck chip is used in them. No RT bullshit, and no shitty battery life with shittier fan being shitty.

I still wouldn't buy one, but that's the closest I'd get. :lol:

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
ITT: Jeff hates Windows, Adam talks about how much more he loves it than he expects to love it, and Scott plugs Blackberry. Now we just need Michael Hebo to make a disparaging comment about Apple and some djent kiddie to spam his youtube "mixtest," and I think our work here will be done. :D

·
I don't like it.
11,071 Posts
Yeah the side loading is what I'm talking about. I found that today.

Thinkpad Tablet 2. Windows 8 on a tablet blows goats. I can't imagine anyone enjoying it. I'd rather use a Nexus 10.
I can't stand the on screen keyboard. That's about it, but I need my predictive typing. The kicker is the Windows 7 on screen keyboard with predictive text is still there, it just can't be used by default.

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
ITT: Jeff hates Windows, Adam talks about how much more he loves it than he expects to love it, and Scott plugs Blackberry. Now we just need Michael Hebo to make a disparaging comment about Apple and some djent kiddie to spam his youtube "mixtest," and I think our work here will be done. :D
Slow down there, son. I said I hate it on a tablet. I've got it on an old quad core at home, and once you install Start8 (you know, to make it look like Windows 7) it's a solid OS with some nice features (Storage Spaces, File Versions, etc). :D

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
Slow down there, son. I said I hate it on a tablet. I've got it on an old quad core at home, and once you install Start8 (you know, to make it look like Windows 7) it's a solid OS with some nice features (Storage Spaces, File Versions, etc). :D
Sorry. ITT: Jeff splits hairs, Adam talks about how much more...

:fawk:

:wub:

·
Read Only
1 Posts
! has hell frozen over :lol:

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Sorry. ITT: Jeff splits hairs, Adam talks about how much more...

:fawk:

:wub:
Splits hairs? Sure, I'll take that. :D

! has hell frozen over :lol:
It's a great home server. I've got some pooled drives for file storage, File History going to a Drobo, and Crashplan going to an external USB drive and another drive out at my in-laws' house.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts