Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Squirrel...
3,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The mythical device has just been announced.

Enjoy your reliable, non-simultaneous voice & data:yesway:

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Nice! Right after I pick up a Droid X too. Ahh well, I'm getting on with it just fine.

I wonder how quickly AT&T will start to see subscriptions drop...

·
What are you looking at?
2,124 Posts
Nice! Right after I pick up a Droid X too. Ahh well, I'm getting on with it just fine.
I was thinking the same thing as I just got my Droid 2 not too long ago.

BTW, how are you liking the X?

·
Squirrel...
3,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That does bring up a good point. When the next iPhone is introduced in a few months, will Verizon get the refresh as well, or will they still be sporting the current gen?

If the changes are minimal, it may not matter though.

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
The mythical device has just been announced.

Enjoy your reliable, non-simultaneous voice & data:yesway:
YES!! The first one for my company is mine, all mine. That's the only reason I wanted a Verizon iPhone.

Can anyone hear the sound of me flushing my Droid down the toilet?

Suck it, Hebo!! :lol:

Seriously though, I don't really care about not being able to surf and talk at the same time. It really doesn't matter to me. "Here, let me have a phone conversation while I check my e-mail."

·
Squirrel...
3,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you're at work, or home it wouldn't really matter anyway if you have Wifi access.

·
Señor Member
12,297 Posts
AT&T's been needing a healthy kick in the ass for their ridiculously spotty data service. Competition is a good thing.

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
February 3rd Jeff can pre-order, February 10th he can have his shiny new almost outdated iPhone :D
Don't really care. Does it work with Exchange 2010? Yes. Does it work with OS X seamlessly? Yes. Does it handle podcasts really well? Yes.

Let's not get into this debate. Some people would rather have stuff that fits into their workflow, rather than something that's bleeding edge but has to have a bunch of hacks to get it to work properly.

That does bring up a good point. When the next iPhone is introduced in a few months, will Verizon get the refresh as well, or will they still be sporting the current gen?

If the changes are minimal, it may not matter though.
They'll probably introduce the iPhone 5 on both carriers, so yes, I'll have an old phone. So. What.

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
If you're at work, or home it wouldn't really matter anyway if you have Wifi access.
This is precisely why I don't care. For me, I need a 3G iPod touch that happens to make phone calls every once and awhile.

Had they introduced a 3G-capable iPod touch, I wouldn't have even bothered with an iPhone, I would have just used Skype for when I need to make calls. Sounds better anyway.

·
Dook dook dook
2,434 Posts
I think that anyone who wants one would be wise to wait until June for 2 reasons:

1. If they release a new one, well, you'll be able to get the latest hardware. This could be good because Tegra 2 and other dual core chips are hitting the market. Forget that they're faster, they also use a bit less battery, and more battery life is always a good thing. Plus it might have LTE, certainly not for everyone, but to have it available will be nice to those who want it.

2. If they do release a new on and you sill want the iPhone 4, they'll probably be discounted and you can save a few bucks. ...What? I'm cheap leave me alone :lol:

*I have 0 intention of buying one, but that doesn't mean I can't try to be helpful does it?

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
I think that anyone who wants one would be wise to wait until June for 2 reasons:

1. If they release a new one, well, you'll be able to get the latest hardware. This could be good because Tegra 2 and other dual core chips are hitting the market. Forget that they're faster, they also use a bit less battery, and more battery life is always a good thing. Plus it might have LTE, certainly not for everyone, but to have it available will be nice to those who want it.

2. If they do release a new on and you sill want the iPhone 4, they'll probably be discounted and you can save a few bucks. ...What? I'm cheap leave me alone :lol:

*I have 0 intention of buying one, but that doesn't mean I can't try to be helpful does it?
1. I can't wait that long. I've already been without company e-mail for over a month, because the fucking Droid doesn't want to work with Exchange 2010, which is a pain in the ass. I've been having to either use Citrix or OWA to check e-mail.
2. I don't pay for it anyway, so cost is irrelevant.

·
I don't like it.
11,071 Posts
Don't really care. Does it work with Exchange 2010? Yes. Does it work with OS X seamlessly? Yes. Does it handle podcasts really well? Yes.

Let's not get into this debate. Some people would rather have stuff that fits into their workflow, rather than something that's bleeding edge but has to have a bunch of hacks to get it to work properly.

They'll probably introduce the iPhone 5 on both carriers, so yes, I'll have an old phone. So. What.
My comment was in regards to the iPhone 5 coming out in June :lol:

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
I'm torn between snagging a Droid X right now or waiting 3 months for the Bionic. I have no desire for the Verizon iPhone 4.
This thread is not about Android, it's about people with discerning taste in mobile devices that have finally been rewarded. :fawk: :lol:

·
Squirrel...
3,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hey, I started this thread, and I'll decide what the topic will be!

It is now about puppies!

1 - 20 of 52 Posts