Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Mr. Negative Pants, ,
14,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
He's always been one of my favourite players, combining a great rhythmic sense with solid riffing and mad tones.

He seems to be using a synth-access Godin on this one and playing synth chords under his solo... really well executed:

Cheezy lyrics aside, i've always loved his rhythm and lead tone on Atomic Playboys. He must be using some kind of octave or treble booster on the solo. (Which is what inspired me to try an octave fuzz as a solo boost.) I love his rhythm grind on this track... it's a hell of a fun riff to play, too:

·
Mr. Negative Pants, ,
14,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
In the first video, he does an awesome ray gun effect just with pick tapping (or tapping the string into the pickup) and the trem right near the end of his electric section (at the 2:17 mark).

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Wirelessly posted :)yesway:: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2.1; en-us; DROIDX Build/VZW) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1 480X854 motorola DROIDX)

That rhythm tone on Atomic Playboys is killer.

·
Where?!
2,632 Posts
The guy is stupidly underrated. I loved the Bozzio/Levin/Stevens album...

·
Read Only
10 Posts
There was a track from him on an old Guitar World/GFTPM CD that I used to listen to about 100 times a day in college. 1994-1998 or so. Flamenco and awesome, but I can't for the life of me recall the name of it. :(

·
Mr. Negative Pants, ,
14,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Wirelessly posted :)darren:phone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

I think a lot of people think the Rebel Yell intro is keyboard. I thought that myself until I saw the tab for it. "That was done on a guitar? Cool!"

·
Premium Member
8,188 Posts
Wirelessly posted :)darren:phone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

I think a lot of people think the Rebel Yell intro is keyboard. I thought that myself until I saw the tab for it. "That was done on a guitar? Cool!"
And it's a bitch to play. :lol: When Shannon and I were in a cover band together, he did the low part and I did the high part.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
If someone could find the guitar world/compilation tune I'm thinking of, I'll mail you a puppy. :wub:

·
Dead & likes Rendang
3,170 Posts
Another well known gem:

And no Steve Stevens thread is complete without this:

If someone could find the guitar world/compilation tune I'm thinking of, I'll mail you a puppy. :wub:
Was the the one with the 3 movements 8 AM, 12 NOON and 8 PM? Can't find any clips unfortunately... :(

·
Read Only
10 Posts
It was very, very spanish sounding. Started off with no drums and just some quick strumming/fast riffing on a classical. Had lots of maracas and shit all through it.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts