Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.intunegp.com/

Just ordered a gross of 1.14mm and another of 1mm Jumbo Jazz. :yesway:

Rob Balducci's album came with a 1.14, and I freakin' loved it enough to order a bunch of my own, with sexy artwork courtesy of Darren, as usual. :darren:

It feels a little odd to think that I just spent $120 on guitar picks, but at least I know I'll be set for a while. :lol:

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I pretty much can only use 1.14's. I love the Dunlop Tortex Jazz 1.14's, and those look damn close to it.

Also, Darren did a hell of a cool job on the logo.
Dude's a magician. I told him that one of the concepts of my album is time and movement, so he came up with the "compass" in about 10 minutes. Look at the MG logos up top, and the 777 logo from ss.org. D is the fuckin' man. :darren:

(Now I just need to update my website for the first time in like 3 years. :lol:)

·
18,790 Posts
In Tune Picks are great. I had a gross of them made up for Terrorhorse and used them live (throwing them at anyone that looked like they might take it home with them :lol: ). Because we had an "endorsement" deal with them, we had to let them put their logo on them too, but I didn't care. I went for the glow in the dark ones, and they were pretty freaking cool (though the coating wears off fast where it hits the string):

Edit: Jesus fuck those are large pictures :lol: Fixed.

·
Bro of Bros, Bro.
15,373 Posts
I think it's amazing that people's minds can work like that. A graphic designer I know down here is the same way. Give him a broad theme, and he'll whip up something out of the box in 5 minutes.

I'm the opposite. I'm too analytical. Stick figures impress me.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think it's amazing that people's minds can work like that. A graphic designer I know down here is the same way. Give him a broad theme, and he'll whip up something out of the box in 5 minutes.

I'm the opposite. I'm too analytical. Stick figures impress me.
:lol: Same here man.

·
Mr. Negative Pants, ,
14,796 Posts
Well, keep in mind that those 10 minutes of creative output are a product of me having done this for 17 years professionally, plus 4 years of art school, plus a lifetime of artwork leading up to that. ;)

Some people can whip off arpeggios or calculate the gravitational constant of Chris' wang around Uranus... turning ideas into visuals is my gift.

I went with the regular XJ Jazz picks from InTune for the Decibel picks... they're a tiny bit bigger than a regular Jazz III, which works out perfectly for me, though i'm very interested in trying out the XJJ, which is new since i ordered my picks last year. It's almost time for me to re-order!

·
Bro of Bros, Bro.
15,373 Posts
How much bigger are those than the Jazz III's? I'd be really interested in trying something like that, since I've ping ponged from Jazz III to Dunlop Tortex sharps for many years.

·
Premium Member
9,388 Posts

·
18,790 Posts
how do you guys use these picks without some sort of grippy surface?
I didn't mind it so much, but I definitely prefer my Dunlop Nylon 1mm with the little bumpy surface. I almost never drop the Dunlops, but I definitely dropped the In Tunes more often (but, seeing as they were also advertising for the band, that was kind of the point :lol: ).

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Darren, what thickness were the blue Decibel Guitars ones?

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
I ask because I've had one blue one from when he gave it to me ages ago at Kevan's that I really love, and I've almost lost it a bunch of times and need a replacement.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts