Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Pizza party!
3,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just heard this song tonight... Christ, what a voice.

The really impressive thing is that she seems to maintain the same intensity live, too. I can't really seem to get into any of her other songs so far, though.

·
Mutes the Meat
10,236 Posts
This is fucking cool! Reminds me of Fleetwood Mac for some reason, and I dig it!

·
Pizza party!
3,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This is fucking cool! Reminds me of Fleetwood Mac for some reason, and I dig it!
When she's singing loudly, her voice also reminds me of Grace Slick in her prime. Like, a lot. Same inflection and everything.

·
Mutes the Meat
10,236 Posts
Wirelessly posted (iPhone : Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1-update1; en-us; Droid Build/ESE81) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17)

Ahh yes, I hear that as well.

·
badman
378 Posts
Florence is awesome, certainly one of the best vocalists over here atm, it's cool that she's getting international exposure.

She did a great collab for 'You've Got the Love' with Dizzee Rascal at the Brit Awards, I'm not usually a Dizzee fan but this works really well.

·
Thread Killer
2,196 Posts
Would it help restore your metal cred if I told you her manager has at points in his career looked after Slayer, Anthrax & is Hatebreeds tour manager?

·
In brightest day...
422 Posts
My girlfriend absolutely LOVES this girl and everything she does. So I've been listening to them a lot. A bunch of it gets stuck in my head. Great songs.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts