Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Tr00 Kvlt
5,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Paypal FINALLY stopped pissing me off and released the hold on my funds. So after 4 days of checking Paypal and Rondo's site ever 10 minutes, no one got it before I did. Yes, another Agile. Now I know there is a lot of Rondo H8 here, and I can completely understand why, but for the price I couldn't say no, i've already got a unused duncan waiting for it too. :yesway:

There WILL be an epic pic story as soon as it arrives, and it is basically the sister to my Hornet 7 which is why I had to have it.

Specs:
Ash Body
1 pc Maple neck
Ebony Fretboard
25.5" scale
Set Neck
:metal:

..and because i'm proud of my Fr00ty Hornet, a pic to compare/explain why this is the "sister" model for it....

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Whoa, where did that one come from?

·
Tr00 Kvlt
5,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Whoa, where did that one come from?
It was a custom order from a SS.org member (as was the Hornet 7 funny enough, which I got in an outright trade) the factory put the output jack in the wrong location and the 12th fret inlay is slightly cracked apparently. Kurt of course emailed the original owner during inspection to inform him of these things and said he could return it after it is sent to him if he wanted. Good news for me, he decided to return it and I just bought it for $499. The Really funny thing is with these guitars the ONLY thing I would do different is Floyd rose instead of the TOM, but I have grown to like the TOM on my Hornet and have no problem with it. (This also Still gives me the excuse to by a floyd equipped guitar :D ).

·
Tr00 Kvlt
5,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Wirelessly posted (Shadow: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2; en-us; Droid Build/FRG22D) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Soopahmahn said:
Is there Rondo h8 around here? :shrug:
Maybe not? I thought so but after my agile 9 thread apparently not as much as I thought. :yesway: Paypal pisses me off though. If the money would have been available earlier this morning I could have had it here wed, when I'm off but they wait until 9 pm, and now it won't be here until Thursday...an hour after I go into work. Bastards. (Ups always delivers here at 5 pm)

·
Mod Britannia
7,233 Posts
I'd say that's a result for $500 :yesway:

Sure they're not up to USA Jackson standards, but I get sense the general feeling is Agile's are good for their price point, which is nowhere near USA Jackson levels.

·
Tr00 Kvlt
5,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
I have yet to play one (maybe I can try Zero's sometime), but my general impression is they're a less-expensive-but-equal-quality version of Schecter and LTD guitars.
I think most Agile's are comparable to say the Schecter Damien series, or maybe a little higher in quality depending on which model you choose. They're good and really only need electronics, Maybe some hardware (the grovers on my Hornet are great) and a good setup to become a very nice axe. My Hornet is a very nice guitar, its a few steps above something like the Damien series and after the work I put into it (new output jack type, new jack, 1meg ohm vol pot, Q Tuner, setup) it plays and sounds great. Though straight out of the box, they're not comparable to something such as a Schecter Loomis, or Hellraiser, or SC607. They need some work to get them to that point.

·
Tr00 Kvlt
5,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I really like that V shape. I am not a fan of symmetric V's, and that thing is just badass! Congrats :yesway:
Man this is the best playing/sounding Agile I own! Even with the stock pickup in it. I can't wait until I put the Duncan Custom 7 in it, maybe some new electronics if I get some $$ back because of the finish problems.

·
Pallin' around
9,532 Posts
Shame about the finish. I really LOVE that transparent black, so you can see some grain, but you have to want to see it in order to realize its there. :yesway:

Its great that it sounds good and plays good. Its always a bummer when you really like a guitar, but you have to come to the realization that it isn't everything you hoped for!

·
Tr00 Kvlt
5,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'm not too worried about the finish issue, Kurt will probably knock a few bucks off, and I am Not returning this thing. It plays and sounds too good to return. Funny enough this is my first set neck guitar haha, and I own 3 Agile guitars, with different neck constructions. Neckthru Agile Hornet 7, Set Neck Reaper 7. and Bolt on Texan 7. I will indeed get some group shots as soon as I clean the Hornet off and get new strings on it (broke the High E writing an epic power metal solo).

·
Tr00 Kvlt
5,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
nice! SHame about the ding tho :(
Tis alright, just got an email back from Kurt. :yesway: Damage was from UPS, and this is the first time they've damaged an axe delivered to me, so it could be a lot worse (i've seen Many stories) i've just gotten off easy from UPS so far. Me and Kurt are working out a discount. :metal:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.