Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Tr00 Kvlt
5,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well, the Reaper is gone, and new guitar will be shipped out within a few days, and then one will be shipped out Monday, and my Texan shipped to them. :yesway:

Just two pictures for now

I will be playing the V the most. I also plan on putting in Piezos and push/pull pots for coil taps so I can switch guitars even less, and ultimately play the V 85% of each show.

I don't have the $$ but i'm Really eyeballing these Fender Showmasters that are going for Really cheap...

·
I MG.org salute you.
2,501 Posts
Good choice with the V. I absolutely love mine! :yesway:

·
18,790 Posts
That would be a great guitar to try the P-Rails in. I bet in humbucker mode they'd be at least as good as the stock pickups, plus you'd get the rail and P-90 tones, both of which would be very useful for country :yesway: The JB sounds excellent split too, if you want something a bit hotter and more traditional.

·
Tr00 Kvlt
5,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That would be a great guitar to try the P-Rails in. I bet in humbucker mode they'd be at least as good as the stock pickups, plus you'd get the rail and P-90 tones, both of which would be very useful for country :yesway: The JB sounds excellent split too, if you want something a bit hotter and more traditional.
Hmmmm, you may be onto something there. I may try one of the P-Rail in the neck position, and maybe a bareknuckle in the bridge? I don't know though, so far I've been happy with everything i've tried from Duncan, and hated everything else i've tried (dimarzio). The only Dimarzio i've ever liked was the Megadrive, and that wouldn't do country too well.

·
Tr00 Kvlt
5,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Maybe try the Hot P-Rail in the bridge and the regular P-Rail in the neck?
I might do that, Kinda want something a bit more traditional in the bridge, but yet I can get twang out of split (yes in an all mahogany V :lol:) maybe a Rio Grande? They claim their pickups are True single coils when split and I have been talking about trying them out for years now and just never did. I might get the Hot P Rail anyway and if I don't like it, throw it in the neck of the PRS.

·
18,790 Posts
I might do that, Kinda want something a bit more traditional in the bridge, but yet I can get twang out of split (yes in an all mahogany V :lol:) maybe a Rio Grande? They claim their pickups are True single coils when split and I have been talking about trying them out for years now and just never did. I might get the Hot P Rail anyway and if I don't like it, throw it in the neck of the PRS.
Both of those sound like good options to me :yesway: If you have the time and money and ability to play around a bit to find the right one, I say that's the best way to do it :yesway:

·
Tr00 Kvlt
5,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Both of those sound like good options to me :yesway: If you have the time and money and ability to play around a bit to find the right one, I say that's the best way to do it :yesway:
I've got everything but the money. :lol: If nothing else, once I start playing i'll be able to experiment as much as possible. Though I may try/sell a few things to find something I like. I can at least swing that. :yesway:

·
I MG.org salute you.
2,501 Posts
What do you think of the stock pickups? Do you think they'd sound good split? Since i'm going to add Piezos and push/pull coil tap, I think i'm going to put the money into pickups as well.
I like the stock pups. They are VERY hot, so I did kind of wondered if they would be up your alley for a country gig. The stock pups are hot without losing all their definition but they certainly don't have the articulation that the Burstbuckers Pros in my Faded Paul have (which are also pretty hot).

I've personally never had great experience with coil splitting/tapping. They never quite sound like a real single coil, but then I'm more of a humbucker lover anyway. I always feel like I'm working to hard with singles. :lol:

What?! Me, play clean?!?!? :noplease:

jk :lol:

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Aldrich bridge :squint:

Sounds great tapped.

And P-rails in the neck

·
Tr00 Kvlt
5,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Wirelessly posted (Shadow: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2; en-us; Droid Build/FRG22D) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Just got the tracking number for the Gibbo. :metal: Man, I'm really gassing over the Fender Showmasters, anyone have any bad experiences with them to cure it? :lol: I mean the pickups are worth half of what they sell for so it can't be bad other than being korean, and the QC actually could be decent.

·
Tr00 Kvlt
5,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Wirelessly posted (Shadow: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2; en-us; Droid Build/FRG22D) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Well this is going to turn into 4 and a half NGDs for me. :lol: Gibson V will be here tues, then a Schecter PT goldtop, then a PRS SE tremonti, and then a Warmoth trans green Alder rosewood board tele with an extra natural ash body. :lol:

I'm going to have to hold off on the pickups and piezos for now and save up for that stuff.

I think I've got some pretty decent deals too... the Gibbo was 549 after shipping, the Schecter 319 after shipping and the 04! And 1 1/2 tele were all trades where I also got 100 bucks cash. :yesway:

·
Tr00 Kvlt
5,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
Anyone know where I can find info on Goldtop Schecter PT's? I've tried searching google and can't find any info. Its gold top, rosewood fretboard, and black headstock. (Schecter's headstock, not the old fender headstock) It also has chrome hardware and chrome covered pickups.

Found a little bit of info, apparently its a 2005 Schecter PT Standard. Can't find any pics or anything though (other than mine).

1 - 20 of 21 Posts