Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
The Singlecut King of Northern VA
2,299 Posts
no worse then the rap groups getting nominated in, personally I think they should make it the music hall of fame because that is basically what they are doing with it.

Technically alot of bands in there are not rock, they range from rap to punk to metal to whatever else.

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not being inducted: Kiss. :yesway:

·
Head of Agile Gestapo
5,675 Posts
That place is a joke and has been for quite some time.

·
What are you looking at?
2,124 Posts
Where the fuck is Rush? At this point I know the R&R Hall of Fame is a joke but when I keep seeing the shit they put in there it just makes me feel ill.

·
The Singlecut King of Northern VA
2,299 Posts
Just kidding about the megadeth, on the same note I think Kiss added alot to the music industry. I am not a huge kiss fan but I do like a few songs by them and grew up listening to the rock and roll all over 8 track.

There are many bands that should be inducted that havent been, bands that blew up a certain style of music, such as Motley Crue/quiet riot both had a large inpact on 80s metal, and Nirvana for the grunge scene.

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
I have no real desire to go to the R&R HoF, despite being in Cleveland every other weekend, solely because it's all full of shit.

·
Super Moderator
8,927 Posts
Neil Diamond makes sense if you have an *extremely* broad definition of "rock 'n roll." The man has sold a ridiculously large number of records and influenced other songwriters. Also, his early records were more rock than the pop stuff he did in the '70s.

Yes and Rush are the two bands that have the most to complain about. Both have been highly influential on modern music, including on a number of bands already inducted, but Jann Wenner's dislike of prog rock probably means they won't be inducted while he's alive and running the show at the RRHOF.

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yes and Rush are the two bands that have the most to complain about. Both have been highly influential on modern music, including on a number of bands already inducted, but Jann Wenner's dislike of prog rock probably means they won't be inducted while he's alive and running the show at the RRHOF.
He's the same moron who paned every Led Zeppelin album and has a love of indie rock. The guy is a complete tool.

·
Premium Member
9,388 Posts
I've been dogging the RRHOF for not having Alice Cooper in it forever. It's about damn time really. When shit like The Pretenders get in before Alice Cooper and Rush the place is just a sham.

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
All I know about Neil Diamond is Rhinestone Cowboy. :lol:
Well, sweet Caroline, I bet you didn't know that he was coming to America, did you?

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I've been dogging the RRHOF for not having Alice Cooper in it forever. It's about damn time really. When shit like The Pretenders get in before Alice Cooper and Rush the place is just a sham.

James pretty much tells like it is at the beginning of his speech.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts