Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Out next Friday 3/21. Who's getting it? This is the first PS4 game I've been really looking forward to. I liked the first game, loved the second one, this one looks great in the previews.

·
Super Moderator
13,448 Posts
I loved Infamous (played it all the way through about 3-4 times by now) and was seriously disappointed by Infamous 2, but this game looks pretty sweet. I don't own a PS4 yet, but this is one of the games I want to get when I do get a PS4.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Metal Shop \m/)

I really wanted to like the first one, but couldn't stand the controls.

·
Super Moderator
7,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I loved Infamous (played it all the way through about 3-4 times by now) and was seriously disappointed by Infamous 2, but this game looks pretty sweet. I don't own a PS4 yet, but this is one of the games I want to get when I do get a PS4.
I found Infamous 2 to be really fun, especially when you got that blue gliding jump.

·
Super Moderator
13,448 Posts
I found Infamous 2 to be really fun, especially when you got that blue gliding jump.
I know some people who liked the second one. It wasn't a bad game, but it was a huge disappointment after playing 1. I think I would have liked it a lot better if I hadn't played the insanely fun original game. For me, I would rate the two of them like:
Infamous: 90% out of 100%
Infamous 2: 74% out of 100%

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
I too preferred the first and i've had this on pre order for a while now. I can't wait. The fact it comes out on the same day as the MGS V demo helps me to ignore that abomination of a game.

·
Read Only
1,374 Posts
I've got it on pre-order. The first one didn't blow my mind, but it was fun.

Definitely looking forward to this one, though, seeing as it's the first "big" PS4 exclusive that we're getting.

·
Registered
238 Posts
waiting on the damn brown truck to deliver my copy..took the day off work to play it and it's still not here! Fuckin amazon!

·
Super Moderator
7,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I played a few hours last night, really fun game and absolutely gorgeous. 60 FPS in 1080p with no aliasing is pretty nuts.

A couple hours in, the game gives you a ton of powers really early on, but you run out of "ammo" way quicker than prior games. I had to retreat to find smoke several times even in early firefights.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I got the game around 3:30pm and I'm 48% done already.

Not a fan of how fast you get the powers but the level of destruction, tight controls, beautiful graphics and some VERY good gameplay make this game tough to put down!

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
I've been playing this pretty much non stop apart from an hour when i borrowed and finished ground zeroes inbetween.

I spent ages just zipping around the city in a puff of smoke clearing off the optional objectives then again the same with neon.

I've just got the third power which is a bit strange. So far smoke is still my favourite especially for combat.

The gameplay is very tight and I actually like Delsin which is a surprise. In all the trailers i just got the impressions he was a smarmy douche that I would want to curb stomp but he's actually turned out pretty likeable.

I can see this being my first PS4 platinum then i'll be going back to the PS3 to finish Metro & struggle through Bioshock infinite which is apparently amazing but after 2-3 hours I'm just bored but i'm hoping it will pick up as I loved 2.

·
Super Moderator
7,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm a bit behind you Toe-Knee. Zipping around the city in Neon is really fun. The attacks seem odd though.. the neon missile kills a tank in 2 shots while a smoke missile takes 3. However, I can fling 10 neon missiles at those guys that have concrete radiating around them and do no damage, but the smoke missile destroys them in 2 hits. Odd. Also, it's bad karma to kill a bad guy with neon when you zoom in, but not when you don't zoom in? I'm not understanding that either, but hey it's still quite fun!

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
I'm a bit behind you Toe-Knee. Zipping around the city in Neon is really fun. The attacks seem odd though.. the neon missile kills a tank in 2 shots while a smoke missile takes 3. However, I can fling 10 neon missiles at those guys that have concrete radiating around them and do no damage, but the smoke missile destroys them in 2 hits. Odd. Also, it's bad karma to kill a bad guy with neon when you zoom in, but not when you don't zoom in? I'm not understanding that either, but hey it's still quite fun!
I'm with you on that the balance of some of the powers is just downright bizarre until they are fully upgraded.

The sword you get with the third power is insanely overpowered as you finish upgrading your powers.

Regarding the zooming in I think it's because it highlights the weak spots and if you hit tthem in the face it just annihilates the enemy. Which i guess is a little more evil than pumelling them to death.

I just started going through all the post game stuff to get the additional powers and missions that came free with the day one update. Apparently they're adding another 5 hours worth of missions for free again with part 2 of the paper trail update and 2 further powers also.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I've finished my good run through - neon is my favorite. Made the mobile command centers a cake walk.

Subdue some drug dealers to get the good karma all maxed out, run right into the hornets nest trigger power up and BAM - everyone done lol
Great game.

·
Super Moderator
7,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I've finished my good run through - neon is my favorite. Made the mobile command centers a cake walk.

Subdue some drug dealers to get the good karma all maxed out, run right into the hornets nest trigger power up and BAM - everyone done lol
Great game.
Ha, that's an aggressive way to do it! Usually I just start with the perimiter defenses, knock out the comm towers, snipe individual troopers and then hit any helicopters.

·
Obsessed by day glo Green
2,827 Posts
I am loving this game! Just got the 3rd power, and do like that a lot. I like how different powers work against different enemies, so much fun to figure out.

One thing I can never get is chasing down the secret agents, they just keep running and I never catch them :/

Otherwise, insanely fun game, so glad I got it!

Plus, it looks gorgeous!

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
I am loving this game! Just got the 3rd power, and do like that a lot. I like how different powers work against different enemies, so much fun to figure out.

One thing I can never get is chasing down the secret agents, they just keep running and I never catch them :/

Otherwise, insanely fun game, so glad I got it!

Plus, it looks gorgeous!
The key to the agents is chasing them down using the third power and blasting as it's rapid fire so you can just blanket the general area that he reappears in.

Neon is also pretty good for chasing them down as you can upgrade it so that you can just permanently dash but it's slower at firing so that part is trickier.

·
Canis lupis robertus
5,706 Posts
I am digging it so far. A bit boring at times, but in a kind of cool, "zone out" way (I watch Survivor on my computer while playing :lol: ). The boss battles are a bitch!

But fun game, overall. :yesway: Incredible graphics!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts