Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,927 Posts
Someone has to pay for the repairs that these bands to do clubs. When bands smash lights/speakers/whatever, it comes out of someone else's pocket somewhere.
Most likely it came out those idiots' own pockets. A national touring band pretty much has to have insurance, and I can almost guarantee you they themselves paid for it, one way or another.

I'm not actually advocating venue destruction. I'm just shocked at the level of pearl clutching on a forum called metalguitarist.org
That was schtick, pure and simple. No different than Alice Cooper guillotining a dummy of himself onstage.

Problem is, it was schtick that damaged someone else's stuff. Even when I was young and angry, that never seemed cool.

·
Premium Member
8,927 Posts
Also, since we are talking about shit in the "cool stuff that look tough but is actually ultra rehearsed and contrived and not something you should try at home" and people brought up"how is that any different than these glorified 80s rock bands throwing televisions through hotel windows" was brought up, I feel like I should point out that is just one of those cool sounding "rock and roll" myths. Some of that apocryphal stuff is true, but most of it is heavily exaggerated..... somehow most people think it's all 100% factual.
That stuff was mostly in the '70s, and it was mostly Keith Moon. Who was a complete nutjob.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.