Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Shredding 'till dead
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Caught this while searching for something else on youtube for the Dillinger Escape Plan:

Always heard how ultra violent this band's live shows were in mags like Metal Hammer and Kerrang!. The accounts almost sounded like a thing of lore but now I see. This footage almost completely makes the night I saw Slayer live at a 'no-seating show' in a mid size ball room type venue look like a walk in the park. Have to admit, I am impressed.

So anyone ever see see DEP live and experience this level of insanity?

·
Shredding 'till dead
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
This happened in my hometown and the locals were all pissed. Fuck Dillinger Escape Plan, they're a bunch of assholes.
So were you or someone you knew at the show?

Eye of Hanatarash drove a bulldozer through the wall of a venue and onto the stage during a show with everyone inside.
Sounds intense.

Not that I give a fuck, but that band is very, very often cited at the top of the best live metal bands ever.
https://www.laweekly.com/the-10-best-live-bands-in-metal-right-now/

·
Shredding 'till dead
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Gotta point something out here: noticing a lot of disapproval over venue destruction. Sure, that's problematic and or controversial for various reasons. But what about how some of these antics could cause damage to people? Let's also assume too that there may be some, maybe even quite a few, who would go to see them but be completely unaware of some of these antics yet get unexpectedly get 'damaged' by such feats.

·
Shredding 'till dead
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Totally, let's remove all elements of danger and bad behaviour from rock and roll. I'm sure what we will be left with will be fucking great....sorry "great".
Well, not really advocating for the removal of anything per se. But your point is taken about rock in this matter.

On the other hand, and to play the other side: not sure how you or anyone else would respond, well, to let's just say a piece of venue stuck in the head.

·
Shredding 'till dead
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
Keep it down damnit... the ball games on...whipper snapperz.....

:clint:
Exactly.

Now back to getting my taxes done....

Joking aside something else coming up in this conversation about DEP I gotta comment on: noticing alot about the band being 'contrived' or overly planned regarding their execution of smashing stuff and what not. I did some poking around and apparently they have had lawsuits thrown at them as a result of their destructive behavior.

If you were really or 100% contrived in this situation, wouldn't you plan your stunt so it wouldn't bring a lawsuit? Unless DEP are like really bad at contriving? Or like lawsuits?

I mean at this point I'm either left to believe they are the worst planners of all time and thus the worst contriving band in the history of bands. Or really want lawsuits.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.