Metal Guitarist Forums banner
61 - 69 of 69 Posts

·
Read Only
10 Posts
I don't know, I feel like you are somewhat overstating the danger of this here, and somewhat ironic in a thread where the band in question has a vocalist who is the embodiment of that one kid we all knew in high school who kept breaking his hand because he punched walls when he was angry. It's actually quite difficult to harm a solid wall. Where is your first real house? Japan?
Considering the state of your house every time you post gear pics, let's just assume we aren't on the same page in terms of neatness. :lol:

I'm not sure if you find it difficult to fall and poke a hole in sheetrock, but maybe we're just built of sterner stuff over here in New England. Hell, I had Drew fall into some awesome glass shelves the morning AFTER a night of boozing and trash my damn bathroom.

I'm sure that would go with the mad max aesthetic and that ugly ass rug you hung on the wall anyway. :fawk:

·
Premium Member
8,927 Posts
Also, since we are talking about shit in the "cool stuff that look tough but is actually ultra rehearsed and contrived and not something you should try at home" and people brought up"how is that any different than these glorified 80s rock bands throwing televisions through hotel windows" was brought up, I feel like I should point out that is just one of those cool sounding "rock and roll" myths. Some of that apocryphal stuff is true, but most of it is heavily exaggerated..... somehow most people think it's all 100% factual.
That stuff was mostly in the '70s, and it was mostly Keith Moon. Who was a complete nutjob.

·
Shredding 'till dead
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
Keep it down damnit... the ball games on...whipper snapperz.....

:clint:
Exactly.

Now back to getting my taxes done....

Joking aside something else coming up in this conversation about DEP I gotta comment on: noticing alot about the band being 'contrived' or overly planned regarding their execution of smashing stuff and what not. I did some poking around and apparently they have had lawsuits thrown at them as a result of their destructive behavior.

If you were really or 100% contrived in this situation, wouldn't you plan your stunt so it wouldn't bring a lawsuit? Unless DEP are like really bad at contriving? Or like lawsuits?

I mean at this point I'm either left to believe they are the worst planners of all time and thus the worst contriving band in the history of bands. Or really want lawsuits.

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
I'm not sure if you find it difficult to fall and poke a hole in sheetrock, but maybe we're just built of sterner stuff over here in New England.
:lol:

More like your building code is seriously lax.

Legally speaking, over here, I'm pretty sure HVAC and sprinklers and stuff like that in a commercial setting have to be suspended from the roof with hardware/supports capable of withstanding the strain of at least 4 bro metal climbing around on them.

I think even most decorative chandelier chain is rated to hold like, at least two bro metal frontmen.

A serious chandelier light fixture in a residential setting could probably hold like, all of Dillinger Escape Plan.

I bet if I google "could a serious chandelier light fixture installed according to code withstand the strain of a bro metal frontman hanging from it" the first result would be "only an idiot with weak walls wouldn't know that".

·
Señor Member
12,297 Posts
Also, since we are talking about shit in the "cool stuff that look tough but is actually ultra rehearsed and contrived and not something you should try at home" and people brought up"how is that any different than these glorified 80s rock bands throwing televisions through hotel windows" was brought up, I feel like I should point out that is just one of those cool sounding "rock and roll" myths. Some of that apocryphal stuff is true, but most of it is heavily exaggerated..... somehow most people think it's all 100% factual.
Nobody asking the hard hitting questions. Like, who's insurance deductible went up when Ozzy snorted a line of ants? How about that time Nikki Sixx poured a bottle of Jack Daniels up his ass?

·
Premium Member
1,225 Posts
Also, while we're in the category of "stuntman/pro wrestling shit esque stuff Rock Stars do that definitely isn't spontaneous badassery and is shit you shouldn't try at home".....

Kip Winger is a trained ballerina, yes, really. A professional trained ballerina. If you try the Kip Winger "seventeen music video" stage moves at home you will also fuck yourself up.
[Sammy, my favourite philosopher]And if that ain't a bunch of bullshit, I don't know what is.[/Sammy, my favourite philosopher]

Also:

:kip:

:wubbed:

·
MG.ORG Irregular
9,747 Posts
Exactly.

Now back to getting my taxes done....

Joking aside something else coming up in this conversation about DEP I gotta comment on: noticing alot about the band being 'contrived' or overly planned regarding their execution of smashing stuff and what not. I did some poking around and apparently they have had lawsuits thrown at them as a result of their destructive behavior.

If you were really or 100% contrived in this situation, wouldn't you plan your stunt so it wouldn't bring a lawsuit? Unless DEP are like really bad at contriving? Or like lawsuits?

I mean at this point I'm either left to believe they are the worst planners of all time and thus the worst contriving band in the history of bands. Or really want lawsuits.
I'm leaning on a group of idiotic children more than anything. Just a group of people that hadn't grown up yet.

61 - 69 of 69 Posts