Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
NSLALP
13,286 Posts
Circuit board

EDIT: Keep in mind that's for ease of manufacture, however. The circuit could basically be described as a row of switches which trigger lights and send a control signal to the amp via the multi-pin connector. This is accomplished by a custom IC. You can build this by hand and point-to-point wiring, but I think the box will be a hell of a lot larger. :lol:

·
Premium Member
5,213 Posts
Anybody ever look inside one? Is it a circuit board or just wired pots screwed into a metal plate?

I'd look in mine, but it's a 30 minute drive from my house.

I have a long stock Roadster switch and am curious to see if I can make my own 2-row version of
rather than buying one.
Only the long roadster switch is TRVE! Thing is fucking mental looking :lol:

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
I think it can be done without too much hassle, just be sure that the channel switches are momentary, and the others are latching (I think).

·
Super Moderator
7,708 Posts
Wait, someone actually uses the footpedals that come with Mesa amps?

They've always sat in the box for me. Wire it up MIDI!!

·
Super Moderator
13,448 Posts
Wait, someone actually uses the footpedals that come with Mesa amps?

They've always sat in the box for me. Wire it up MIDI!!
I used mine, which was the super duper long Roadster one. I can't think of any reason why not to. :shrug:

·
Mod Britannia
7,233 Posts
I looked inside my Road King one when I had it, and yeah, it's a big old circuit board with loads of stuff on it. But as Vince said, you can just use the switching jacks and wire it up to a midi controller switcher ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts