Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Could be Hitler
7,666 Posts
WOW! That is a game changer. That is the coolest NEW idea i have seen in a long time, with those cards.:agreed: I will buy this.

·
Mr. Negative Pants, ,
14,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
An actual REAL "game changer" (take THAT, Music Man!) that's entirely analog. Such a simple idea, with a lot of potential. I hope it catches on and spreads to some other parts of the lineup. This would be very cool on some Charvels or Jacksons, too.

·
Nope
3,563 Posts
An actual REAL "game changer" (take THAT, Music Man!) that's entirely analog. Such a simple idea, with a lot of potential. I hope it catches on and spreads to some other parts of the lineup. This would be very cool on some Charvels or Jacksons, too.
:agreed:

·
Nope
3,563 Posts
Speaking of Gibson (I know this is a Fender thread, but the heck where talking innovation) why is the Mini tune so hated, it seems like a good idea on paper, what's so bad about it?

·
Could be Hitler
7,666 Posts
Cant wait to hear people complaining that the 4 square inches of wood out of the back of the guitar will kill the tone, though :lol:
This would be funny if it wasn't so damn spot on. Fucking people! :lol:

·
Mr. Negative Pants, ,
14,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It's likely just a PCB that alters what's connected to the existing switches and pots and in what order. They're essentially hard-wired "wiring mods" on a small circuit board.

I love the simple addition of a couple of switchable caps to allow tweaking of treble bleed on the volume pot and the response of the tone control. I'm very interested to see where Fender goes with this. Hopefully they've designed enough versatility into the system that it will allow for other pickup combinations to work with this system as well.

·
Premium Member
32,765 Posts
That's actually a pretty cool idea. I don't know if your typical Fender fan is going to like the idea of a "card" you pop into the back of your guitar, though. :lol:

·
Registered
201 Posts
I really want to see how the pickups are interchanged. But the card thing is really cool if you're into experimentation. I think this is the year that I get a proper compound radius strat!

Good job fender!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.