Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so i have come into some money and im probably going to buy one of these once my amp sells.

i play in a band like between the buried and me with all the variation between death metal and random country etc.

tell me which one and why!

Go!

·
In brightest day...
422 Posts
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9630/5.0.0.1030 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/104)

The Invader seems to be pretty damn well rounded. It should be a bit more versatile with it having 4 channels and all have their own eq. I think you'd dig either though. Personally I'd choose the Savage. I like the idea of a more compressed sound. The Invader will be a bit more organic.

·
Premium Member
5,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
if the invader is more organic that will swing it as im looking for that in an amp.

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
also I hear the Invader has some of the best Engl cleans

·
Premium Member
5,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i have to be honest that i dont not like anything about the sig x tone wise its a fucking great amp.

but i am unfortunatley a gear whore with a limited budget and so for me to try a new amp this one has to go.

also the lack of midi functionality on the sig x is annoying me because i want an easier solution to changing 3 things at once other than tapdancing live.

Id go as far as to say im capable of playing fairly technical stuff on guitar but jumping about pedals throws me off. maybe thats something i should work on but i dont want to!

·
Mod Britannia
7,233 Posts
I've never played the Savage, but the Invader sounds like it'd fit the bill.

Are you dead set on a Engl, or are you just after a certain sound? Much as I love a good tube amp, I can't help but think that something like an Axe-FX mated to a tube power amp would work better for the variation you want.

·
Premium Member
5,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i thought about that origionally but its about double the cost and while my bands stuff is quite varied i couldnt justify the expense because i know id use 4 channels but i dont see me using an axe fx to its potential and therefor justifying the extra cost. if i won the lottery id deffinetly have one on my shopping list though!

·
Premium Member
1,588 Posts
I really dig my Invader, i tried most of the other ENGL heads and the Savage was pretty good as well (more classic "thrash" tone) vs Invader (Hammerfall tone).

If you want a really good example of how a dry invader sounds throw on a Hammerfall record, its pretty much that tone.

·
Premium Member
5,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
what footswitch do you use with it? im probably going to get a midi controller to run my pedals and the head all at once

·
Premium Member
1,588 Posts
what footswitch do you use with it? im probably going to get a midi controller to run my pedals and the head all at once
Z-9, i haven't turned on my Invader in 6 months since i got the AXE-FX though :rofl:

·
Premium Member
5,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
yes im pretty sold on the invader. now i just need to get my head round midi functionality and get a midi footswitch. id like to get the engl one but if its just going to switch the amp im probably better getting something else. Id like a ground control from voodoo but it seems like overkill...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts