Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Read Only
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im having a problem with a site I am working on. Basically in the iphone/ipad/ipod browser the background image isn't scaling properly (I guess this is a known bug??). I don't suppose anybody has a easy work - around for this?

I will probably have to put in a browser detection script and create a mobile friendly version of the site. (its a small site less than 10 pages) but I thought before doing that I would ask if anybody here knows a solution. (google wasn't much help....)

The background image is a bit large anyway.... Funny thing is I had originally designed a simple layout but it just wasn't fancy enough so I had to junk it up with a hideous busy background image :lol:

·
Read Only
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I basically had one of the other designers here to pare down the background image and it is working now.
Basically if your body background image is over a certain size the mobile safari browser doesnt size it properly (to save on memory usage) so you end up with a really Messed up looking page layout.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.