Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
iPad 2s selling for silly money...

Seriously, if anyone actually sells these things for more than they cost, the buyer should be kicked in the nads. It's a fucking tablet!! You'll be able to buy it for normal retail cost in a month or two when everything gets back to normal. Not to mention there have been some problems with the initial production run.

I never buy ANY consumer electronics stuff right when it comes out. The times I have (Droid, Wii, iPod Video, POD XT) there's always been issues.

·
Bro of Bros, Bro.
15,373 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148a Safari/6533.18.5)

That's unreal.

I'm like you, I typically don't like to get bleeding edge tech gadgets until they work out the bugs.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
People are stupid. :yesway: If I can get my hands on a few i2's, you can bet your ass they'll be going right on eBay. :lol:

·
Super Moderator
7,708 Posts
I never buy ANY consumer electronics stuff right when it comes out. The times I have (Droid, Wii, iPod Video, POD XT) there's always been issues.
While I agree with you in principle, when the PSP2 comes out later this year it will be REALLY hard to keep from picking it up immediately.

·
Good news, Everyone!
1,528 Posts
The best part is that now Ipad 1s, which are barely a year old, are reselling for under $400, because they're not the hip thing anymore, people are unloading them so they can get the 2.

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
People are stupid. :yesway: If I can get my hands on a few i2's, you can bet your ass they'll be going right on eBay. :lol:
I remember saying to myself last year "damnit, when the iPad 2 comes out, I'm actually standing in line to buy a couple, and sell them to dumb fuckers on eBay". Didn't do it, kicking self repeatedly. Not only do I not need another iPad, but making a few bucks off of other people's stupidity is delightful.

While I agree with you in principle, when the PSP2 comes out later this year it will be REALLY hard to keep from picking it up immediately.
Eh, I'm guilty of it too, sometimes. Depends on what it is. I got the "unibody" MacBook Pro right when it came out, but I needed a Mac laptop at that point in time. I've had no problems with it anyway, nearly 3 years later.

The best part is that now Ipad 1s, which are barely a year old, are reselling for under $400, because they're not the hip thing anymore, people are unloading them so they can get the 2.
You can actually get a brand new 16GB for $400 (if Apple still has some). That's a really nice deal, and honestly while I'm sure the iPad2 is faster, I don't give two shits about crappy cameras and a slightly lighter weight.

iPad with Wi-Fi 16GB (first generation) - Apple Store (U.S.)

·
MG.ORG Irregular
9,747 Posts
all things considered the original really is an outdated piece of crap compared to the new one lol.

I also was at target last night and they had the prices cut by $100.

·
Mutes the Meat
10,236 Posts
I've seen this all over eBay. It is amusing that there are people dumb enough to buy them at the higher prices.

"ZOMG I NEED IPAD2! IPAD1 IS LIEK WINDOZE NAO"

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've seen this all over eBay. It is amusing that there are people dumb enough to buy them at the higher prices.

"ZOMG I NEED IPAD2! IPAD1 IS LIEK WINDOZE NAO"
Yeah I know! "I need two cores! I need two fucking cores!!"

Why?

"Because two is better than one, fucker!!!"

·
Mutes the Meat
10,236 Posts
[action=Zepp] will buy an iPad 2 once the craze dies down and bugs are found and fixed.[/action]

·
Read Only
10 Posts
I'm curious as to what the people willing to spend absurd amounts of money to upgrade are actually doing with their tablets. My iPad1 (?) runs everything I put on it just fine. Yeah, the camera will be cool, but I've never once run into a situation where I thought it was underpowered. I'm not really a power-user of the thing, I watch movies, play games, surf the web, have some chat shit going and do some development.

Yeah I know! "I need two cores! I need two fucking cores!!"

Why?

"Because two is better than one, fucker!!!"
This, basically. :lol:

·
Mutes the Meat
10,236 Posts
Have you tried using it for actual productivity things?

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Word processing, spreadsheets, etc. Typical office-like things.
Sort of. I read a lot of them, using ReaddleDocs, mostly Visio. I don't edit PDFs, but I do read the shit out of them, since all of my music hardware manuals are PDF, and a lot of the work related crap that I/my guys save off is saved as PDF so that folks can't snip out bits of our work.

·
Mutes the Meat
10,236 Posts
Sort of. I read a lot of them, using ReaddleDocs, mostly Visio. I don't edit PDFs, but I do read the shit out of them, since all of my music hardware manuals are PDF, and a lot of the work related crap that I/my guys save off is saved as PDF so that folks can't snip out bits of our work.
Sounds good. I only ask because most reviews and videos don't really show the iPad being used for anything but play.

·
MG.ORG Irregular
9,747 Posts
Sounds good. I only ask because most reviews and videos don't really show the iPad being used for anything but play.
That's because doing actual work on it is more of a pain than it's worth. It works well for simple games though.

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
That's because doing actual work on it is more of a pain than it's worth. It works well for simple games though.
:agreed:

It's good for reading PDFs, surfing the web, watching videos, and playing games. I don't think I'd try to use it to do word processing, serious emailing, or any sort of coding or spreadsheet work.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts