Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Bro of Bros, Bro.
15,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ever since either the last update, or the one before, it seems the phone has really bogged down.

I haven't really done anything fancy to it. I don't really use very many intensive apps, either. Other than the occasional text/e-mail/phone call, that's about it.

It seems to drop a wi-fi connection in favor of 3G sometimes; it will also have difficulty getting back on a network it's been on for almost two years now.

In addition to the above, it just seems to have slowed down tremendously.

Any ideas?

·
Bro of Bros, Bro.
15,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Then I must have, because I pretty much do all of the updates it tells me to.

I'm on firmware 05.16.02.

·
Bro of Bros, Bro.
15,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh, whoops. That was the modem firmware... I thought it said model firmware at quick glance...

Looks like I'm at 4.3.3 (8J2)

·
Bro of Bros, Bro.
15,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It's actually starting to freeze a lot, and do weird things it's never done before, which require a hard reset.

If I'm looking at pictures, and I go back to the default folder, the folder will be stuck under the top tab, and there's no way to access it or open it. Just another minor PITA...

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Yeah. Sync it with iTunes first.

Actually, I'd sync it, do a backup, then reflash it, see if the problem persists. Then dump your restore onto it, and if the problem comes back it's something in your software/settings and not the hardware.

Worst case, it should clean up if you reflash it and just dump all of your apps back on, but be sure to sync all of your contacts and such.

·
Bro of Bros, Bro.
15,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Worst case, it should clean up if you reflash it and just dump all of your apps back on, but be sure to sync all of your contacts and such.
Shit... I may be SOL... My contacts aren't synced... My e-mail and calendar will be a bitch, too, because I found an Exchange work-around that I use.

What do you mean when you say "reflash"?

I'm not worried about the apps, but the e-mail/contacts thing will kill me.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts