Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Mod Britannia
7,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My mobile contract is up in a month's time and I'm thinking about a iPhone to replace my Google G1. So iPhone users, firstly is it worth it and secondly, is the 4 much better than the 3GS? ie, is it worth forking out just over £100 for the 4 when I can get a 3GS for free?

·
Banned
13,827 Posts
In my opinion, the extra $ is worth it for the better 5 megapixel camera (with 2 lens, on both side of the phone), Facetime and the screen, wich freaking rules.

·
Retarded P.A Overlord.
14,248 Posts
I detested the fact of the 3GS. However, as stated, the screen is fucking awesome. Also, flash with the camera (which I've found an app to use it as a torch), and the camera does 720p video. Plus it's much sexier looking.

·
NSLALP
13,286 Posts
I think the higher-res display, improved camera with flash, and better processor are more than worth the 100 whatevers-you-people-use-for-money price of admission.

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
Definitely. I am salivating at the idea of a Verizon iPhone 4, because I want one so badly (yet am stuck on Verizon due to work).

The screen is awesome, the camera is great, and overall it's just a really good phone.

·
NSLALP
13,286 Posts
^ My position exactly, except I simply am on Verizon since they dominate for coverage in my area and I get a discount. iPhone 4 is a great phone. Droid X will have to do in its stead (and has its own little perks, I suppose).

Again I think that's a pretty marginal upgrade fee for 3GS->4.

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
^ My position exactly, except I simply am on Verizon since they dominate for coverage in my area and I get a discount. iPhone 4 is a great phone. Droid X will have to do in its stead (and has its own little perks, I suppose).

Again I think that's a pretty marginal upgrade fee for 3GS->4.
I'm limping along on a regular Droid that doesn't even work with work e-mail anymore, until the iPhone (hopefully) comes. I just use it as a ........phone. :D

·
By your command!
180 Posts
Iphone in general: if you like to have a mini pc along with you all the time with almost endless possibilities: yes (jailbreak it though)
3gS to 4 , not so much convinced it's that much better, dont like the square design, but f it's only a 100 more I would still go for it,

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Iphone in general: if you like to have a mini pc along with you all the time with almost endless possibilities: yes (jailbreak it though)
3gS to 4 , not so much convinced it's that much better, dont like the square design, but f it's only a 100 more I would still go for it,
I'd do the 4 simply because of the upgraded display and faster processor.

·
with a Shotgun
925 Posts
Asking that question here is like going to the COD forum and ask if black ops is worth it :lol:

If you can get one for free you can just try it out. You got nothing to lose :)

Personally I could never go back to iphone after getting used to more convenient hardware buttons, optical sensor, arbitrary apps, standard usb, widgets, flash, great google integration, no itunes forcing, OTA updates, personalization, multitasking++

If non of that matters to you though, then it's definitely worth it. I would put in the extra money and get 4 for the way better design, that thing is NEAT (as long you don't drop it) and screen + camera flash :yesway:

I got pretty surprised that the camera of iphone 4 was put on second last place of the 6 best camera mobiles on the market though. It's in norwegian but you can see the comparison of the pictures.
Desire HD was put last :lol: with N8 on 1st, X10 and Galaxy S was a split 2nd.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Here we go again... :noplease:

to answer your question James yes the iPhone 4 is definitely worth the extra cash over the 3GS. I used Android for a long time and still love it, but I think you'd be very happy with an iPhone.

·
I don't like it.
11,071 Posts
iPhone is a good phone for most people :yesway:

Question though James, you've had your G1 for a while, I'm assuming you have some paid apps? Those transfer with your Google account to your new phone. Just some food for thought.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts