Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i was wondering if this is a weird way to hold the pick or if it will hurt me in the long run, it seems to work ok for me but i wanted to get other opinions:

P1130260.jpg picture by allshouse10 - Photobucket s1048.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fs369%2Fallshouse1 0%2F%3Faction%3Dview%26current%3DP1130262.jpg

http://i1048.photobucket.com/albums/s369/allshouse10/P1130262.jpg

i've been playing a year now and just realized that i hold it kind a differntly with the tip of the pick kinda slanted towards the head stock

·
Pallin' around
9,532 Posts
You should be fine. I wouldn't choose to hold the pick like that, because the tip can't engage the strings like I prefer, but I don't see any reason why it can't work if you like it.

·
Retarded P.A Overlord.
14,248 Posts
:lol: @ Stitch.

If it's comfortable for your dude and you don't find it hampers your playing, you're good to go.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OH MY GOD WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU YOU FREAK
lol i'll take that as sarcasm? lol sorry, i'm just one of those people that are really self-concious about my technique, i mean i know i'm not holding it that weirdly but i just like to be sure on these things.

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
I've actually never paid too much attention to how I hold mine. I choke up quite a bit as well, as far as I know :lol:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
alright thanks, guys, i'll just keep at it then, i'm new to these forums, so i was wondering which board on here i could post some recordings of some riffs i've written for critique and comments.

·
Mr. Negative Pants, ,
14,796 Posts
There is no "right" or "wrong"... only what works for you and what doesn't. If it's not working for you, then change it. :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts