Metal Guitarist Forums banner

Is there a better thrash singer than Chuck Billy?

• Yes

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • No

Votes: 11 50.0%
  • Noodles

Votes: 8 36.4%
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Hell no, Chuck > Mille any day of the week, and twice on Sunday.

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Kreator is my favorite thrash band overall, but his vocals have alway been spotty. He kicks ass on alot of the classic stuff, Coma is the best Kreator record in terms of vocals.

·
Uses more gain than you.
4,377 Posts
Kreator is my favorite thrash band overall, but his vocals have alway been spotty. He kicks ass on alot of the classic stuff, Coma is the best Kreator record in terms of vocals.
I just prefer the raspy vocals, I guess. I also pretty much ignore all Kreator inbetween Coma and Violent. :lol:

Really, I don't like older Testament vocals, the Low-to-Gathering stuff is pretty great though.

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just prefer the raspy vocals, I guess. I also pretty much ignore all Kreator inbetween Coma and Violent. :lol:

Really, I don't like older Testament vocals, the Low-to-Gathering stuff is pretty great though.
Raspy? Angelripper is raspy, mille is not :p Mille definitely has a cool quality to his voice though. It just hasn't aged as well.

·
Registered
6,968 Posts
The thing with Mille is that he holds the last letter in his linessssssssssss and it sounds like he's hisssssinggga on the studio tracks at the end of every line. This is most noticable post-Violent Revolution.

·
NSLALP
13,286 Posts
Tom Araya. :wub:

Unless maybe we're just talking about raw vocal talent, in which case perhaps it has to go back to Mr. Billy. Still, Slayer was always the quintessential thrash vocal sound for me (after I moved past Metallica). Just solid yelling and noise making.

·
Registered
6,968 Posts
Unless maybe we're just talking about raw vocal talent,
If you're talking about thrash bands that had technically good singers, there's
-Forbidden
-Realm
-Imagika
-Liege Lord

etc.

Know who's really underrated as far as thrash vocalists go, but is fucking downright evil? Don Doty. Darkness Descends is INSANE.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts