Could be Hitler
7,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What this nut job says from 0:36 - 1:00 true??? :lol: If so WoW...:facemelt:

·
Sir Groove-A-Lot
Charvel So Cal & San Dimas
6,916 Posts
Barely anything this guy says is true. He knows his guitar history and has some pretty badass guitars in his collection, but he loves to stir shit up for hits :lol:

·
Parental Advisory
288 Posts
I have heard some of the Fender fanatics say the same before, although whether it's the same workers or not I don't know. I know they say there's not a massive difference between the MIM and the MIA any more, although it seems to be that the MIA have slipped down in quality rather than the MIM going up - same as Gibson, I suppose.

·
Premium Member
9,388 Posts
Barely anything this guy says is true. He knows his guitar history and has some pretty badass guitars in his collection, but he loves to stir shit up for hits :lol:
:agreed:

This guy is a grade A attention whore.

·
Registered
3,275 Posts
I ain't clicking that :noplease:
For you, and other people who don't want to give him views, he pretty much claims that MiM Fenders and MiA Fenders are made by the same exact people, and that the builders work on guitars in one factory, and then drive "about 60 miles" to work on guitars in another factory.

Given it's more like 300 - 400 miles (about a 4 hour drive) and that he didn't factor in the different building techniques and better hardware/electronics that the MiAs use, I'm gonna call bullshit. :rofl: Not saying that MiM sucks, in fact I'm looking at getting a MiM Tele in the future to go to mod town with, but to say they're exactly the same guitar... Fuck that nose.

·
Boogadee Oogadee
1,209 Posts
If it were my business, I'd also have to consider the ethics of retagging those MIA with qc rejects as MIM, to reduce scrap and rework waste and justify shipping the guitars. Shady, but it's business. I would probably redo the final insp operation on mexican soil, at a distribution center just inside the Mexican border. I would ship from there. The operation taking place there may justify the made in Mexico sticker. I don't know shit about business. But that's the first thought that comes to my mind.

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
I always feel a little dirty when I play one of his videos. :lol:

·
Banned
13,827 Posts
^

The "60 miles" thing has been proven wrong, but it's the other things he said we'd like to be certain of.

·
Parental Advisory
288 Posts
I've also heard before that the USA made bodies and necks are shipped from the Mexico factory at the rough cut/CNC stage, and only the sanding & planing is done in the USA (and the finish, of course).

·
Registered
4,184 Posts
Well the labor force is primarily Hispanic at both factories and the thing about the better wood is false because we buy the wood from the same supplier for both factories. The colors is obviously not true because there are a multitude of colors available in both factories.

I've also heard before that the USA made bodies and necks are shipped from the Mexico factory at the rough cut/CNC stage, and only the sanding & planing is done in the USA (and the finish, of course).
Not true either but the necks for a handful of Mexi models are cut and roughed out in the US and sent down for sanding and finish application.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts