Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay okay, so it was a few days ago but it's still worth posting!

I decided to treat myself to a 30th birthday present since I was going to be stuck on my own for my 30th. I'd been eyeing up the new Charvel DK24s for some time (and I'm still lusting after their new HT teles, I just wish the colours were nicer) so I decided to pull the trigger on it and despite a few little niggles (and a pick-up swap) I'll get sorted out when life is back to normal, it's a killer guitar!

There's a lot of super nice sub£1000 guitars coming out right now but this really raises the bar. Enough that I maybe don't even need my custom Suhr at thrice the price :dunno:

·
Registered
4,184 Posts
You could have at least told them to make a hardtail option! However, thank you for your service :rofl:
There are hard tail DK's but not in this color or roasted haha. I like the trem better than hard tail but I like doing small vibrato in my playing so hard tails are a small part of my collection. Or teles :lol:

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oooh, that is pretty tasty! I bought an amp for my 30th ( a vht ultralead), and still have it! Hopefully this guitar will be with you for many many years to come :)
Thanks man, me too! I've been so fickle with guitars over the years and I'm starting to really get over the high-end boutique stuff.. especially when these are coming out at killer price-points! I still mourn passing up a VHT Deliverence II at a stupid price!

There are hard tail DK's but not in this color or roasted haha. I like the trem better than hard tail but I like doing small vibrato in my playing so hard tails are a small part of my collection. Or teles :lol:
Yeah I'm really hoping they do some HT's in roasted with these satin/dupont style colours at some point. I play in Drop C with my band and as much as I like having a trem, I really do like the stability of an HT.. I've got a tremol-no to drop in though so I can get best of both worlds :D

·
Banned
13,827 Posts
Had the H-S-H version (Drab Army) for a short while... Sold it because the thing could not stay in tune. :(

... And I'm not a fan of that type of bridge (prefer Floyds). Anyway, you're right. It's a LOT of guitar for the money!
The roasted maple neck is freaking AWESOME. Always love the Charvel necks, but the roasted ones are something else if you like necks on the thinner side.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Had the H-S-H version (Drab Army) for a short while... Sold it because the thing could not stay in tune. :(

... And I'm not a fan of that type of bridge (prefer Floyds). Anyway, you're right. It's a LOT of guitar for the money!
The roasted maple neck is freaking AWESOME. Always love the Charvel necks, but the roasted ones are something else if you like necks on the thinner side.
I had heard a lot of people saying this and because I had planned to immediately hardtail it, wasn't deterred. However, I've set it up with 10-52s in standard and been abusing the trem and it's acutally been really really good tuning wise, I must have just got lucky!

·
Banned
13,827 Posts
I planned to hardtail it as well, but even without using the tremolo, it was constantly going out of tune. Especially the G string. Oh well, whatever. Glad yours works perfectly! They're fantastic guitars, IMO.

·
Banned
3,697 Posts
ive got that trem on my rasmus and its great. Paired with locking tuners, its really stable. I'm not sure if the charvel has locking tuners, but if it doesnt, i'd say thats an upgrade that would be well worth it, especially if tuning stability is an issue.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.