Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a problem where my Decimator started to cut in and out. When I wiggled the Filter Tracking knob, the sound got clearer (not perfect), let it go and it cuts out again. I taped the Filter Tracking knob as far to the left as it would hold, and it worked. I gave it over to an electronics tech buddy of mine, who thinks he has it narrowed down to the Filter Tracking unit, but we can't find a part number to order a replacement. He says it is an easy enough solder job, just need the right part to swap it out.

Has anyone had to order one of these? If so, what is the actual name of the unit that I have to order?

Thank you for any assistance.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the quick response. I did call ISP, and was told I should send it in, but I didn't specifically ask what their parts names were. Being the third owner of this unit, I am sure the warranty is long gone. I'm not looking to pay an arm and leg to send it to ISP and get fixed when I think my buddy has it pretty much isolated. Wonder if I can order a specific potentiometer, and do a successful 1 for 1 swap. Mouser electronics has a great stock of electronic parts, I was just going to try and pick up a replacement unit from there.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Took your advice and asked them directly. I asked about the bench charge, and also if they would just sell me the component directly. Unfortunately, can't spend huge money getting this up and running, and don't really want to go to Rocktron if I can help it. The Super C is pretty cheap on eBay, but Google searches tell some horror stories about that thing

·
NICE BLACKMACHINE YO
7,276 Posts
Took your advice and asked them directly. I asked about the bench charge, and also if they would just sell me the component directly. Unfortunately, can't spend huge money getting this up and running, and don't really want to go to Rocktron if I can help it. The Super C is pretty cheap on eBay, but Google searches tell some horror stories about that thing
I'll be honest, I'll be surprised if they'll just send you the part. The most expensive thing (I imagine) would be the postage, tbh...

Bullshit to the internet, I loved my old Rocktron Hush Super C. I only sold it because I was moving away from a rack setup. I have a 6505, they're damn noisy, and at the time I was using a Boss NS-2 and the rocktron in the loop. The boss was shit, but the rocktron was great, and even killed all the high-gain hiss. The only problem I had was that the wallwart was fucking huge and the controls were sensitive...but the range on it was awesome.

I even had a pedal decimator at one point, but I sold that for my MXR SmartGate which I use now. It's better than the ISP and the Boss, but I don't run it in the loop so I still get that pre-amp high gain hiss but it isn't too bad.

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
If hes certain its the pot then it wont be anything special just order a pot of the same value & taper bang it in and you should be good to go!

The only part of the ISP stuff that can be awkward to find is the IC's but they are still available if you do the searching.

There isn't really anything amazing going on in the ways of proprietary parts so whatever it is thats busted you will be able to replace.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Bullshit to the internet, I loved my old Rocktron Hush Super C. I only sold it because I was moving away from a rack setup. I have a 6505, they're damn noisy, and at the time I was using a Boss NS-2 and the rocktron in the loop. The boss was shit, but the rocktron was great, and even killed all the high-gain hiss. The only problem I had was that the wallwart was fucking huge and the controls were sensitive...but the range on it was awesome.
Well, on that advice maybe I can take a new look at the Super C if the Decimator doesn't work out.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If hes certain its the pot then it wont be anything special just order a pot of the same value & taper bang it in and you should be good to go!

The only part of the ISP stuff that can be awkward to find is the IC's but they are still available if you do the searching.

There isn't really anything amazing going on in the ways of proprietary parts so whatever it is thats busted you will be able to replace.
Thanks for the info. I'll keep looking to see if I can find it. Not really too many identifying marks on this thing. I'll have to get smarter on what this part actually does, and that might help.

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
If you can take a photo of the part in question im sure someone will be able to tell you exactly what it is and where to get a replacement

1 - 10 of 10 Posts