Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I turn the threshold below more than halfway I get a crazy high pitched sounding feedback. The strange thing is when the threshold is halfway or above it works and it doesn't seem to be affecting my overall tone to much. It is only when I put it below halfway. I am new to rack effects especially this so idk if it is one of the buttons. I am unfamiliar with some of the buttons on it like the "filtering tracking" and the "out and in" right next to it. On the back there are also three buttons that say "GND LIFT" that I also do not know what they do. If anyone has any experience with this and could help I would really appreciate it.

·
Good news, Everyone!
1,528 Posts
that high-pitched feedback is probably just that, feedback. where's the gain on your 6505+ set? 5150s are notoriously noisy amps. Probably shouldn't lift the ground, though. Even in a rack, I've never had too terribly much success with that.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Trust me I know all about the feedback on these 6505's and 5150's it just to me it sounded to me more than normal feedback like something may have been wrong. But like I said when the threshold is high enough it takes it away and doesn't kill the tone so you are probably right man. Thanks!

·
Nine EMG Guitars
1,058 Posts
i have a isp decimator and a 6505, the threshold set at halfway is normal with a high gain amp you will never be able to put it below that with that amp. so the filter tracking , play some loud high gain shit and turn filter tracking clockwise until your highs start to get muffled, the back the knob back alittle till sounds normal and it set. If you have the prorack g than your guitar goes into and out of ch1, and effects loop in and out of ch2. no ground lift needed. and you input knobs should be pressed to the +4 setting to give you more headroom, and both threshold dials will normally be around 12 oclock or 1 oclock depending on what kinda rhythm your going for i leave mine between 12 and 1 hope this helps

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i have a isp decimator and a 6505, the threshold set at halfway is normal with a high gain amp you will never be able to put it below that with that amp. so the filter tracking , play some loud high gain shit and turn filter tracking clockwise until your highs start to get muffled, the back the knob back alittle till sounds normal and it set. If you have the prorack g than your guitar goes into and out of ch1, and effects loop in and out of ch2. no ground lift needed. and you input knobs should be pressed to the +4 setting to give you more headroom, and both threshold dials will normally be around 12 oclock or 1 oclock depending on what kinda rhythm your going for i leave mine between 12 and 1 hope this helps
Ok man that really helped. My only problem is that I still have a tubescreamer that I use so I just have my guitar plugged into the tubescreamer that plugs into the amp, the old fashioned way. So I have the Decimator(yes, it is the prorack g) only running through the effects loop in and out of channel 1, is that ok?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
And I take back what I said...I do think the tone is affected. It sounds almost scooped and I have to have the presence all the way up almost and if I bring it down at al it kills the tone.

·
Good news, Everyone!
1,528 Posts
does it sound the same way without the noise gate?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
does it sound the same way without the noise gate?
No it doesn't. I wouldn't definitely say that it has a scooped sound when the noise gate is on. I also have a tuner that I have running out of the preamp and the tubescreamer going into the amp's input and my guitar into the tubescreamer. So I just had the Decimator running through the effects loop in channel 1.

·
Nine EMG Guitars
1,058 Posts
Ok man that really helped. My only problem is that I still have a tubescreamer that I use so I just have my guitar plugged into the tubescreamer that plugs into the amp, the old fashioned way. So I have the Decimator(yes, it is the prorack g) only running through the effects loop in and out of channel 1, is that ok?
You are on the right track i use a ts808 too. 1. Run guitar into isp 2.out of ch1 to tubescreamer. 3 tubescreamer to amp. Channel 1 is now done. Ch 2 goes in and out of the effects loop. Ch 2 done. No turn everything on and rock out. try setting the tubescreamer level all the way up, gain all the way down, tone in the middle, it will really tighten up your amp

·
Nine EMG Guitars
1,058 Posts
Hook it up the way i said because Ch 1 is not ment for the effects loop. The filter tracking tracks your guitart signal, ch1 hushs guitar and pedal etc noise. ch2 stoppes all pre amp gain noise. Its how it works, Ch1 Ch2 are different

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok man I'll do that. I just never though about plugging my guitar into the noise suppressor but from what you said that sounds like what I have to do.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You spent $350 without reading the manual? :scratch:
Well no not necessarily, I have the manuel and did look through it and saw the the setup that was described above. I just didn't totally understand it and i didn't know what to do with the tubescreamer

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ok, well I have everything set up right now and it seems like it is alot softer. I have to have the volume way louder on my amp than I used to have to. What would account for that?

·
Nine EMG Guitars
1,058 Posts
what is your filter tracking set at. Put it at 9 0clock the isp should not make your sound softer

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
what is your filter tracking set at. Put it at 9 0clock the isp should not make your sound softer
Well the filter tracking is set pretty much all the way down and unless I'm losing my mind it is definitely softer. I have it set up exactly how you told me to and every single cable that I'm using is new and high quality including the speaker cables. So idk what could be happening.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts