Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK so can someone explain to me how this works?

How does a gtr that's this color.

when viewed from a different angle, change to this color?

Oh and Seb, you're a lucky bastard :D :fawk: :wub:

·
Slow Money
14,612 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Hivemind: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A306 Safari/6531.22.7)

Dude you didn't know about color changing paint? Don't you like, live in California? :lol:

·
Premium Member
1,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh I knew about it. Just never knew how it worked.

BTW. Some hippies wanted it banned from NorCal because they said the metal flakes in the paint could cause a biological hazard if it flaked off.

Translation: When we're totally tripping on the Haight and think a car is a giant candy cane. We don't want to risk getting metal poisoning. :rolleyes:

·
Slow Money
14,612 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Hivemind: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A306 Safari/6531.22.7)

Ban metallic paints in California. Yeah.

:rofl:

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
I don't even think that one is anything fancy like ChromaFlair, it's just a metal flake finish that looks different in different light :2cents:

A lot of metal flake and pearl finishes are like that. My black pearl S7420 looked totally different depending on how much light there was hitting it.

·
Read Only
1 Posts
I don't even think that one is anything fancy like ChromaFlair, it's just a metal flake finish that looks different in different light :2cents:

A lot of pearl and metal flake and pearl finishes are like that. My black pearl S7420 looked totally different depending on how much light there was hitting it.
:agreed: my 1527 can look either purple or blue depending on the light..

·
ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹɐln&#38
5,486 Posts
Looks more like it's changing contrast and brightness to me rather than different colors?

·
Read Only
3 Posts
I have a Jackson Rhoads that is painted in the blue/purple/gold ChromaFlair.

From my view (looking down) it's blue, but to most everyone else it's purple.

Here's a pic (you can see it's purple on top, but the bevel is blue):

BLUE (note the headstock is purple here):

PURPLE:

·
Premium Member
1,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ok so it's darker on certain angles because it's "double" the intensity of the color?

Sound about right?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts