Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Retarded P.A Overlord.
14,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I started the 'project' of overhauling my E39 into something a little less businessman, and something a little more unique. I FINALLY got my new badges, for the front and back, and wheels, so I my badges are white and CF, rather than the typical white and blue. Also, my interior dash, door, and center console trim that was once the silver/blue colour, is also CF. I'll take pics in the morning of the interior as it was dark once I'd finished. I purposefully haven't re-trimmed the flap over the tape deck, as the stock head unit is coming out, which it is affixed to!

So, I now have;
  • ECU Remap
  • Fuel Pressure Regulator
  • New N/S Front Wing
  • Tints
  • Leather Seats/Doorcards
  • Spoiler
  • New audio system
  • Alternator belt
  • Alloy refub

And a few other bits and bobs that escape me to do :lol: I will update this as my progress continues! Also thinking of a full respray at some point. Once all this is done, and I have a few extra years insurance NCB under my belt, then it's on to the bigger mods :scream:

4,429 Posts
What audio system you go with. Just installed some pretty sick JBLs in my buddy's sonata (Pioneer head unit) and the difference is stunning. Still have to put a sub in there but I convinced him to care a lot more about frequencies above 100 hz than those below them.

·
Retarded P.A Overlord.
14,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
:scratch:

:idea:

:lol:

No, really, sounds great! :yesway:
Fuck off :lol: Nah, some fucker kicked my front N/S wing in, and it's a funny dent, so even if it's pulled out, it won't be straight. As far as tints, it'll end up with the rear window from an M5, and then the back windows tinted to match, so not too bad! Spoiler, yeah.... :lol: It'll be subtle.

As far as car audio, I just know I'm going for an Alpine headunit that'll charge my iPhone and work with a multichanger :lol: Then work on it from there. Need to get rid of this fucking alternator whine first :pissed:

·
Mod Britannia
7,233 Posts
Have you replaced the interior trim, or just taped over it with CF film? If it's the later I'd have swapped my crap-tastic wood trim for yours first.

Also, many scrapyards will sell a complete 2.8 motor for around £200...

·
Retarded P.A Overlord.
14,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Seriously dude, the 1.5m wrap I got done the center console, dash, and door panels. It's awesome, only cost £6.99 too :D

·
Guiterrorizer
15,696 Posts
Damn son. I'd love just to get my car fixed up let alone mod it :lol:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts