Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dingwall's new "Super P."

That is a sleeper of a P-bass. Looks very "stealth" compared to the somewhat more "out-there" looking Super J:

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The top one is absolutely awesome. :drool:

Those run what, around $2500?
It's probably gonna be closer to $3200-3500, as that's what the Super Js run. :(

And sadly, that's not horribly expensive as boutique Fender-alikes go; Alleva-Coppolo, Lakland USA, Mike Lull, Low End, and Sadowsky are in that price range and above, and at least Dingwall builds their own parts.

If you want a Dingwall though, you can snag an ABZ for $1800-2200 new or a Combustion for $1200.

Mmm... black and maple: http://www.bassnw.com/New Exotic Basses/dingwall_combustion_5_version_2_black_maple.htm

·
Registered
617 Posts
I really like the look of those Dingwalls, really sweet shapes and the fan looks pretty comfortable on them. The bassist in a band we're sharing a bill with next week has one, I might see if I can wrangle a play on it for a minute.

·
Mr. Negative Pants, ,
14,796 Posts
The single pickup camouflaged in the pickguard and dot inlays definitely help disguise the fact that it's a little different.

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You know, looking at it, I think part of the "weirdness" of the Super J in that picture comes down to the way the bass side of the neck extends into the body and interacts with the pickguard. It's not nearly as weird looking on the 4-string Super Js.

·
Lord Super Awesome
5,701 Posts
I love my Combustion & would love to snag a Super J 5-string. I have no idea why the price tag is so high in comparison to the ABZ, ABI & ABII series though.

·
Guiterrorizer
15,696 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Things my bassist needs to get includes this lol

·
Slow Money
14,612 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Hivemind: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

shannon said:
I love my Combustion & would love to snag a Super J 5-string. I have no idea why the price tag is so high in comparison to the ABZ, ABI & ABII series though.
Dude your combustion is sick as fuck.

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Wirelessly posted :)yesway:: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.3; en-us; DROIDX Build/4.5.1_57_DX5-35) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Max said:
Wirelessly posted (Hivemind: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

shannon said:
Dude your combustion is sick as fuck.
It's crazy expensive. The ABIIs are in that price range but are chambered and have figured tops.

·
Pallin' around
9,532 Posts
Damn. I love that. As I will need a bass sometime, I was like, I should look into this! And then I saw the price :(

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Wirelessly posted :)yesway:: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.3; en-us; DROIDX Build/4.5.1_57_DX5-35) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Seanbabs said:
Damn. I love that. As I will need a bass sometime, I was like, I should look into this! And then I saw the price :(
The Combustions are reasonably affordable as higher end basses go and can be had for under $1k used when they pop up. The others get up there. Only way I got mine was used, and it was sitting in the TB Classifieds for a few months (with associated price drops) before I could afford it.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts