Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Retarded P.A Overlord.
14,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have Axe-FX GAS :scream:

Fuck you Fractal Audio and your amazing products. I don't even want the Ultra! The fucking Standard will do! I need cash and nao :(

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
Am I the only guy on these boards who DOESN'T lust after one? :lol:

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts

·
Argh
2,658 Posts
I don't lust after one, but I'd like to try one for silent recording seeing as I don't have the ability to crank a tube amp and mic up at home.

[Elitist]

Still, nothing beats tubes :)

[/Elitist]

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
I wouldn't say no, but I have no use or need for one right now :shrug:

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
Yeah, I mean if someone offered to give me one I wouldn't turn them down, but I'm also not at all tempted to go out and buy one. :shrug: I like my rig.

·
Premium Member
2,232 Posts
I'd like one to record with but I love cranking up my Mark IV and my 5150 II:metal:

·
Retarded P.A Overlord.
14,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
There's no doubt about the fact it can't replace a proper rig. Not in my eyes anyways, but I need something lighter and easier to take to gigs. If I can just chuck an AFX, guitar and floorboard in the car, go play a gig, and come back, I'd be happy as a pig in shit. Plus it'd be used for recording.

·
NSLALP
13,286 Posts
There's no doubt about the fact it can't replace a proper rig. Not in my eyes anyways, but I need something lighter and easier to take to gigs. If I can just chuck an AFX, guitar and floorboard in the car, go play a gig, and come back, I'd be happy as a pig in shit. Plus it'd be used for recording.
I'm pretty sure the second part of your statement negates the first part of your statement. :lol:

I will miss the "analog" awesomeness of an old-school technology glowing under my greedy tone-seeking fingers, but that's about it. I can imagine that some day I'll chuck it and go back to old school low pressure systems, but we'll see.

Just start saving your beans, dude. :yesway:

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
My #1 complaint is the total lack of ability to "grab knob, turn knob." Especially with my bass head (which has spoiled me with three individual bands of semi-parametric EQ in addition to shelving high and low knobs) I love being able to dial out "boom" in a tough room or add growl mid-song if I have to, without having to get into sub-menus and read parameters on a tiny screen.

·
NSLALP
13,286 Posts
My #1 complaint is the total lack of ability to "grab knob, turn knob." Especially with my bass head (which has spoiled me with three individual bands of semi-parametric EQ in addition to shelving high and low knobs) I love being able to dial out "boom" in a tough room or add growl mid-song if I have to, without having to get into sub-menus and read parameters on a tiny screen.
:agreed: Pretty damn tough to do this. In all fairness, most guitar amps don't have your described level of flexibility either, but you'd basically have to leave a parametric EQ block at the end of all your patches and get good at jumping in and tweaking it quickly if you wished to do so. No way you'll get it done in the middle of a song.

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
Wirelessly posted (iDevice of Awesomeness: Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

Drew said:
I don't want one. At all. If I had the cash (and I don't) I would buy a Mark V, A ZTar, and/or a Transatlantic.

Honestly I'm not hearing $1000 more tone in the Axe as I am in the POD HD.

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
:agreed:

I'd get a TC Electronic RH450, a Schecter Omen 8-string bass, and a Schecter Hellcat VI. And still have money left over.

·
Premium Member
1,588 Posts
I love my AXEFX, It basically has every guitar sound i want in the most simple live rig.Its nice not to need any noise gates, FX pedals, or compressors (i had all of the above with my Invader rig); Its even nicer that my entire rig weighs less than 25 pounds!

The fact that i can switch from an acoustic guitar sound with subtle ping pong delays / to a Plexi lead sound / to an ENGL mixed with Bogner rhythm sound / to a violin effect on the fly makes it the most practical option for me (as-well as the best sounding i have tried so far)

I prefer the tone and feel of my AXE-FX with my ARTSLA2 power amp to any real amp i have tried so far.

·
ENGLErnieBallGraphTechBKP
306 Posts
I love my AXEFX, It basically has every guitar sound i want in the most simple live rig.Its nice not to need any noise gates, FX pedals, or compressors (i had all of the above with my Invader rig); Its even nicer that my entire rig weighs less than 25 pounds!

The fact that i can switch from an acoustic guitar sound with subtle ping pong delays / to a Plexi lead sound / to an ENGL mixed with Bogner rhythm sound / to a violin effect on the fly makes it the most practical option for me (as-well as the best sounding i have tried so far)

I prefer the tone and feel of my AXE-FX with my ARTSLA2 power amp to any real amp i have tried so far.
Damn you man. I have the worst case of GAS for those things and I desperately need to hear some bad reviews so I don't get depressed about not affording one lol

1 - 20 of 22 Posts