Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
From the Grave
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have added one thousand mile to the odometer on my ninja without incident. :yesway:
At speed, anyway. :roll2:

I love my little ninja :wub:

I still dont have riding pants, but i did get a rain suit and plan to use this bike for as long as the early winter if i can stand it. Im working on getting cold weather gloves for when it rains soon.

Also, Harley rides are douches. :squint:

·
Mutes the Meat
10,236 Posts
Get pants :)

After I'm done with all of the house business I plan to get a Ninja 250 :) It will be my first bike.

·
From the Grave
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Get pants :)

After I'm done with all of the house business I plan to get a Ninja 250 :) It will be my first bike.
The 250 is an an awesome machine. Dont let chris tell you otherwise. :wub:

Believe it or not, its 0-60 is the same as a viper. :cool:

·
Mutes the Meat
10,236 Posts
250 is small. But, when you outgrow it you can sell it for a bigger bike.

·
From the Grave
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Honestly though, unless you only want to go fast in a straight line, its all you need. Its perfectly comfortable on the highway, and only starts to lose acceleration past 95- and thats with me weighing 230ish.

·
Mutes the Meat
10,236 Posts
Hmm, we weigh about the same. How tall are you?

·
From the Grave
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
When your out on the highway, the areos are nice. Wind will hit your chest and support you if you lean forward some. I feel very relaxed as far as positioning goes.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Honestly though, unless you only want to go fast in a straight line, its all you need. Its perfectly comfortable on the highway, and only starts to lose acceleration past 95- and thats with me weighing 230ish.
I respectfully disagree. :wub:

Ride even a 600CC bike on the highway sometime and you'll immediately notice a huge difference. Power can save your ass.

·
From the Grave
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
I respectfully disagree. :wub:

Ride even a 600CC bike on the highway sometime and you'll immediately notice a huge difference. Power can save your ass.
We come from different sides of driving. :shrug:

Ive had a small truck with roughly 100HP for most of my driving experience. It was good on the highway, but never lent itself to passing anyone going over 60 on a 2 lane highway without a bit of forethought. Through the times ive had close calls, adding another 20 or 40mph worth of acceleration in an instant would never have been a huge factor in saving me. Watching mirrors and being mentally prepared for taking action means a lot more then being able to stomp your way out of an already bad situation. :wub:

Also, an inline 4 600cc has more power then that little truck did... with about 2500 pounds less to carry. Thats a MASSIVE difference in power to weight.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
We come from different sides of driving.
My opinion is from riding motorcycles for ~15 years man. You're in your first season.

Your bike probably makes 30hp at the wheel. Mine makes about 4-5x that much. I'm not trying to shit on your thread with "blah blah I have a liter bike" but there are times when having all that extra power on tap can get you OUT of trouble.

Example: If you pull into traffic, and around the corner comes some asshole speeding and not looking for you, you're committed. You're in the middle of the lane and here comes a 5,000lb minivan at 45mph bearing down on you with a texting teenager behind the wheel. You see her, she's not paying attention. Your only option is to get the fuck on the gas and get out of the way, and if your bike is sluggish because it's a 30hp bike with a 200lb rider, it might not be fast enough. I'm not saying that a 600/1k always will be fast enough, but they will be quicker, and that can save your ass. That's just one example off the top of my head.

Watching mirrors and being mentally prepared for taking action means a lot more then being able to stomp your way out of an already bad situation.
Agree, but ALL of those are important. That's what I'm getting at. :) It's not all about power to weight. It's also about gearing. The driveline on the bike and the truck are apples and oranges. If the teenager slams into your truck at 45mph while you're merging, you'll get out and be pissed off. If the teenager slams into you on your bike at 45mph, you're dead.

I just want you to be safe broseph. :metal:

·
Mutes the Meat
10,236 Posts
And, besides, the new Ninja 650s look fucking awesome.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts