Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
18,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

:rofl:

That's my drummer buddy :D I was telling him about the epic thread, and he's caught on to what's important in guitar design now :agreed:

At any rate, these were the bodies we were discussing:

Showcase Body

Showcase Body

I've got this Tele that I want to finish assembling, and the body I have (which started it all) still needs a lot of work. What I'm considering doing is buying a finished Warmoth body (that I know will fit the neck perfectly, since I bought it from them :lol: ) and saving the body I have now for a more ambitious project (baritone, maybe?) when the weather's nicer.

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Just custom-order one in a color you want, since it's usually less than a 10% difference. Get neon chartreuse, or transparent blue over swamp ash.

·
18,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just custom-order one in a color you want, since it's usually less than a 10% difference. Get neon chartreuse, or transparent blue over swamp ash.
See, if I were to custom order one from them, it would be the exact specs of that blue one :lol: Swamp Ash + Lake Placid Blue :yesway: I've literally spec-ed that exact combination out a few times because I couldn't remember what the price came to :lol:

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
See, if I were to custom order one from them, it would be the exact specs of that blue one :lol: Swamp Ash + Lake Placid Blue :yesway: I've literally spec-ed that exact combination out a few times because I couldn't remember what the price came to :lol:
You should get a Thinline version. Much sexier, and the hollow body might be cool with the piezo.

·
18,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You should get a Thinline version. Much sexier, and the hollow body might be cool with the piezo.
Maybe for the next one. The pure piezo sound isn't a huge concern to me, as I've been playing with the Fishman Spectrum Aura with my non-piezo pickups, and I'm convinced that thing can do anything :lol: It heavily processes the sound, and manages to even make my Strat's magnetic pickups sound pretty damn close to a miked acoustic (though the banjo setting's more fun) :D

The piezo bridge is really only on there because I though "Why not?" when looking at options for bridges :lol: It'll mainly be used layered in with electric tones, and very rarely for pure acoustic tones.

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Well, also, the Thinline body and guard are just hot.

·
Puddin
1,793 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Stupid Motorola Backflip: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1-update1; en-us; MB300 Build/Blur_Version.3.0.1390.MB300.ATT.en.US Flex/P007) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17)

That first blue one...Holy shit.

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Nah, I'd go for the burnt one myself.

·
Puddin
1,793 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Stupid Motorola Backflip: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1-update1; en-us; MB300 Build/Blur_Version.3.0.1390.MB300.ATT.en.US Flex/P007) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17)

Dammit. If my W2s had been delivered when the company promised, it would have already been mine.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
The carved tele.s are friggin' gorgeous. I'm GASing hard for one of those. That metallic cherry burst will be mine if they drop the price any more. Still have to finish my other one first.

I love my thinlines - really bought them for the look more than a particular sound. The one thing I will say is they are a pain to wire because of the pickguard and the way the wires route through the body I honestly can't image putting something like a piezo in one just due to what a pain the access to the cavity is.

The way they are doing their pricing now - the showcase pieces are always cheaper than a custom build. All of my bodies are showcases. I save my custom builds for my necks because they never seem to have the combination of choices I want in the neck showcase.

·
18,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The carved tele.s are friggin' gorgeous. I'm GASing hard for one of those. That metallic cherry burst will be mine if they drop the price any more. Still have to finish my other one first.

I love my thinlines - really bought them for the look more than a particular sound. The one thing I will say is they are a pain to wire because of the pickguard and the way the wires route through the body I honestly can't image putting something like a piezo in one just due to what a pain the access to the cavity is.

The way they are doing their pricing now - the showcase pieces are always cheaper than a custom build. All of my bodies are showcases. I save my custom builds for my necks because they never seem to have the combination of choices I want in the neck showcase.
Yeah, I lucked out with a huge deal on a great showcase neck, now I'm just saving and planning for when the right showcase body comes along. I thought I had it picked out easy, but now there's too much sexy :(

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Yeah, I lucked out with a huge deal on a great showcase neck, now I'm just saving and planning for when the right showcase body comes along. I thought I had it picked out easy, but now there's too much sexy :(
Ha Ha :rofl: good luck my friend. Once you get the "W" GAS it seems to be impossible to get rid of and continuing to look at the showcase just makes it worse.

·
18,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Ha Ha :rofl: good luck my friend. Once you get the "W" GAS it seems to be impossible to get rid of and continuing to look at the showcase just makes it worse.
Yeah, I've been forcing myself to not look at the Strat bodies since I already want to build a replacement for my Squier Strat (which is 11 years old and almost ready for retirement :( ).

1 - 19 of 19 Posts