Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
4,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When my 1527M sold, I put a down payment on an Elysian Espada 6. I always thought the Espada shape was perfect, and Adams work on my 7621, and his past builds/modifications have all left me totally confident in Adams work, and he's cool to talk to about cars and moonshine so it's a win win.
I was going for understated, classy, function over form guitar, while still checking all of my boxes.
Specs:

ELYSIAN ESPADA 6 SPECS:
Chambered swamp ash body, maple cap/flamed top natural binding
Hard maple maple neck, scarf joint
Direct mount p/u
25.5"
flamed maple board
22 Ss 6105's
Black hipshot hardware
Petrucci 3way, volume, tone, both push/pull
Recessed output(a la 7621 project)
Luminlay side dots w/black outline
Black dot inlay's, small, 1/8~
400mm radius, 19mm thickness @ nut, 21mm @ 12th fret.
Volute(^dimensions of my old, S2170 Prestige, what I considered the perfect neck)
Heel truss rod wheel
Semi gloss finish on top, headstock, and fretboard, natural back, oiled neck.
Stained to mock this tele:

I'll be bumping the thread as progress occurs.

·
Banned
1,542 Posts
I've been thinking lately that I should do something similar... too bad I'll just end up flipping it.

Congrats :metal:

·
Read Only
3 Posts
I think you've just guaranteed that Adam's house gets flooded, or he gets some rare avian flu. Thanks a lot Sox, when something happens to Adam its your fault!

·
Registered
4,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Any thoughts on pickups.
Mmmmmmm. I had a Seymour Duncan alternative 8/jazz set in my alder neck thru Jackson that I'm thinking will work equally as well in this, but my John petrucci fanboy I'm me wants a Stevie's special/air Norton. Since the air Norton is warm, and the guitar will be on the brighter end, that should work. We'll see. No BKP's, I'm done spending $150/pickup.

I've been thinking lately that I should do something similar... too bad I'll just end up flipping it.

Congrats :metal:
Nah I designed something I'd want to keep and be proud of. I didn't take any risks with weird woods, padouk, wenge, none of that crap. Tried, true, guaranteed, something I know I'll like.

·
Registered
4,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think you've just guaranteed that Adam's house gets flooded, or he gets some rare avian flu. Thanks a lot Sox, when something happens to Adam its your fault!
Oddly enough, didn't Texas just have a huge flood..?

·
Registered
4,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm gonna make you sick tomorrow. :lol:

By the way, Images and Words was recorded with a Tone Zone in the bridge and a Humbucker From Hell in the neck, if you want to get real nerdy. The Steve's Special and Air Norton came later.
I don't even want to know, Ya coont. :cunt:

I wasn't huge on the tone zone. HFH I'm curious about.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Sweet, I look forward to you mentioning this build in every one of your posts for the next year. :yesway:

·
Registered
4,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sweet, I look forward to you mentioning this build in every one of your posts for the next year. :yesway:
Give me one reason why people order custom guitars other than being able to drop the phrase 'my custom guitar..'..? :scratch:

·
Guiterrorizer
15,696 Posts
so they can say "that asshat took my money!" :lol

It's a good finish choice. The question is, what's gonna keep you occupied while you wait for this? *checks other tab, sees 1000 WRX posts*

·
Registered
4,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
so they can say "that asshat took my money!" :lol

It's a good finish choice. The question is, what's gonna keep you occupied while you wait for this? *checks other tab, sees 1000 WRX posts*
Hopefully a MKV25 and the RG7621 Adam's doing!
But seriously hopefully a WRX. But I can't afford $750/month after insurance so that's a dream :lol:

·
Read Only
10 Posts
wtf $750 a month, how bad is your credit and your driving record? :lol:

Hey Adam, I hope you made him pay in full!

·
Guiterrorizer
15,696 Posts
Quigs my little toyota is $335/mo after insurance and due to something on my record I didn't know existed, it's in my mother's name. So $750 for him to be the owner doesn't sound far off :lol:

*this thread is now about cars

·
Registered
4,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
wtf $750 a month, how bad is your credit and your driving record? :lol:

Hey Adam, I hope you made him pay in full!
Under 25, in the city. I've never had a ticket or accident. I was quoted $350/month for EVO/WRX/Mustang GT, plus car payment/maintenance, id estimate around $750. I only have $300 in credit, just got my first credit card last week. Gonna slowly build it.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Holy balls, I'm glad I'm old. I pay around $800 a year for full coverage on my Crosstrek. :lol:

Edit: Fuck the Evo anyway, a fast Lancer is still a Lancer, and still a shitbox.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts