Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Sir Groove-A-Lot
Charvel So Cal & San Dimas
6,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know if it's stress, or anxiety, or what, but I'm usually a fairly thick-set guy (read: fat). No but seriously, I've been fat a couple of times in my life, but from my mid-20's onwards I've just been a normal size, but with a fairly big frame.

Then out of nowhere I've got kinda... scrawny. I've still got the same frame of course, that never changes, but I have no 'meat' any more, and my rib cage is really showing :ugh:

This would normally be awesome news, but it's left me kinda... flubby, with like a ring of loose fat around my waist. Think of a king-size duvet cover over a single-size duvet, you know what I mean? :lol:

I've got no definition or anything. Not that I had any before, of course, but at least before I looked kinda 'filled-out', ya know?

What do!? :scratch:

·
Pallin' around
9,532 Posts
Yeah man, and you will see thing tighten up pretty quickly. 3 or 4 months of 3 days a week doing some lifting and you will be more toned.

·
Pizza party!
3,284 Posts
Lifting shit? Fuck that noise. You want to get rid of loose skin FAST? A single mom has found this one WEIRD trick to tone up in just 10 minutes. Personal trainers HATE her!

·
Super Moderator
4,876 Posts
the word "tone" has no bearing.

2 - 3 times a week, squat, deadlift, bench press, overhead press.
ie: pick up something heavy off the ground. put something heavy over your head, put something on your back, bend your knees and push something up off your chest.

get mean.

·
Sir Groove-A-Lot
6,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Does cardio not come into this at all then? It's all about resistance stuff?

·
i am the owl
2,700 Posts
IMO you should always do cardio as a part of staying in shape.

To "fill out" more you are going to need to start eating more (healthy choices) and bulking up (adding muscle) by lifting weights. Once you have bulked up, you can worry about toning and adding muscle definition.

·
Thread Killer
6,491 Posts
If your picking between the two. Yes pick weights. To look "tone" without lifting. You would have to diet to get rid of your fat. But your too skinny to start with.. :lol:

·
Sir Groove-A-Lot
6,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah that's the fucked up thing, I've lost weight, which has resulted in certain parts being podgy

I eat really healthily already, I think at the moment I'm just... not.. really... eating :eek: I mean, I am, but I'm definitely in a calorie deficit each day I'd say. Not by much but obviously enough for this thin/fatness to have occurred :lol:

I'm usually really active but this shitty winter we're having (plus my bike being fucked) hasn't helped, as I've just sat on my ass since Christmas but still LOST weight somehow, but without being active. I hate not being active, I'm always walking or cycling, but for the last few weeks if I'm not in the house I'll be in the car. Bad times.

Anyway, ok, time to start lifting shit.

·
Sir Groove-A-Lot
6,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Not 'new' per se, but it has been about 6 years since I properly did any weights :lol:

I'll check it out :yesway:

·
Premium Member
5,213 Posts
Pick things up. Put them back down. Repeat.
:lol: indeed

it may allready have been mentioned but if you dont do any cardio at the moment you will see pretty quick results if you start doing some. You will of course get to a point where you wont see any change unless you up your training.

·
Retarded P.A Overlord.
14,248 Posts
Disappearing? Good news! I've had to stop chest exercises as I was getting more chest than arms, so was starting to look a tad out of proportion :lol:
Decline Fly's are the best way to tone chest I've found for me.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts