Metalguitarist.org banner

21 - 40 of 65 Posts

·
המרחב וה
2,061 Posts
Congrats to Brandon Ellis getting a sig. That guy definitely deserved it.

He is just such a BEAST.

·
Super Moderator
11,446 Posts
Shark fins or GTFO

One of the main reasons why I have not bought a new mid ranged soloist is because the lack of Shark Fins. That and they moved production from Japan to Indo.
Well, you're covered - you can buy a Japanese Soloist with fins for $2400!

·
Forum MVP
4,767 Posts

I like this one, list is high but Id like to see the real street price when they are out. MJ, luminlays, Gotoh trem... pretty sweet.

or this

·
Forum MVP
4,767 Posts
Jackson, as usual, get it 90% of the way there...

WHY do you put black binding on the neck on this guitar?
Theres no binding, or my blinjd eyes cant see it ??? Cedrick may be in luck...list 1999, so real price will be under that.

·
Banned
13,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Phew! Glad they don't have anything I'm GASing for since I just bought a 2020 Jackson last week. :lol:
Exactly! Like Mike said in the Charvel thread, thanks FMIC!!

·
Dream Crusher
21,052 Posts
Kinda like that Bulb guitar. Interested to see specs, at least. And cost, since it's MIJ.

·
Sir Groove-A-Lot
Charvel So Cal & San Dimas
6,916 Posts
OH GOD THE CONTROL LAYOUT!! WHEN WILL IT END!?

Before anybody says "hey it doesn't look that bad?" why don't you go try one? I first played this control layout on a Jackson in 2017, and they STILL haven't updated it, despite my death threats.

It's probably like 1cm out of place. That's all. That's all it takes for it to be in the most perfectly wrong place.

Go on. I dare you. Try and roll that volume knob off quickly to mute yourself at the end of a song when playing live, or at the end of a take when tracking. What's that? The trem arm's in the way? You hit it with the back of your hand and it stopped you making proper contact with the volume knob? Oh you managed to get around the trem by reaching over it? But... wait... your fingers hit the selector switch? Speaking of which, why can't you change pickups quickly sir? Why the big fumble literally every single time? Oh the trem arm AND the volume knob are obstructing you? :scream:

They put it there in spite of all these issues, and then they spread the lie that it's more "out of the way".

Yes it is. Out of the way of being able to be used. Everything is perfectly cluttered and each component is perfectly in the way of one another. The only thing with any sort of easy access is the tone knob, which these guitars frankly shouldn't have anyway.

Thank you your honour.

I don't understand the one with the pickguard. It's a Charvel. Why bother making a Jackson version?

EDIT

Nevermind, it's a Bulb guitar.
Haha. "Hey everybody check it out, I'm THIS kind of guitarist now!"

·
Registered
0 Posts
Everyone gets old. He'll be here with us shitting on everything in a couple of years. This is like the retirement home for aging metalheads.

21 - 40 of 65 Posts