Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone interested in buying my AT Pro hardtail? I bought it from Garrett last year, but the neck is just way too thin for me.

It's easily the thinnest neck I've ever played on any neckthru or setneck Jackson--it's close to a Wizard profile, and more like the necks on the vintage USA Charvel and Jackson bolt-ons. It's a great-feeling neck, but I'm just too old and broken-down to be able to play necks like that anymore.

It's a shame, too, because this is the best-sounding 750xl or AT Pro I've owned (out of about five or so), and jeezus, that top...

It's got a bit of fretwear in the cowboy chords area, but not enough to affect playability. It also has a bunch of dings on the bottom end of the body and a nice big chunk taken out of the headstock tip.

Overall, though, I'd say it's pretty clean for it's age and for clearly having been played. It's got an EMG 81X/89X combo that Garrett installed. I never had time to swap them out, but they sound fine.

I'm asking $700 shipped (in the USA) for it, and that's firm...it's what I paid.

Here are a few pics:

·
Oh yeah!
1,913 Posts
Well fuck. I've been trying to get one but I'm currently in saving mode. Congrats to whoever gets this.

·
Registered
4,429 Posts
I don't need another guitar I don't need another guitar I don't need another guitar I don't need another guitar I don't need another guitar I don't need another guitar I don't need another guitar I don't need another guitar I don't need another guitar I don't need another guitar I don't need another guitar I don't need another guitar I don't need another guitar I don't need another guitar I don't need another guitar I don't need another guitar I don't need another guitar I don't need another guitar I don't need another guitar I don't need another guitar I don't need another guitar I don't need another guitar I don't need another guitar I don't need another guitar I don't need another guitar
If this is still for sale in a month or so... She's probably coming home with me.

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
This is an exceptional guitar, and everything Chris says about it is dead on. Was my #1 for a long long time. Miss it all the time, but I find trems more comfortable.

I have the exact same one with a trem, and it's not as resonant as this one.

You will also *never* find a nicer flame on an AT. Trust the AT dudes on this one. The neck on this is also the sickest shred style thin neck I have ever played. Will blow your Ibanez 2x4 out of the water.

Edit: This has Schaller locking tuners too, didn't see Chris mention that in the OP.

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Wirelessly posted :)dio:)

Where the fuck where you last month when I bought a goddamn Les Paul? Asshole. :lol:

·
Could be Hitler
7,666 Posts

Where the fuck where you last month when I bought a goddamn Les Paul? Asshole. :lol:
What? you should be happy. :shrug:

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
If I wasn't trying to thin the herd already, this would be a prime candidate for Aldriching :yesway:

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts

flexkill said:

What? you should be happy. :shrug:
I already had an LP, dude. :lol:

·
Super Moderator
8,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

:lol:

Last month, I was still recovering from my latest bout of carpal tunnel syndrome and wasn't even thinking about guitars very much. When I got back to playing a little while ago, I realized there was no way I'd ever be able to get along with the AT Pro, sadly enough.

Guitar is sold, pending payment, and going to a good home.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts