Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Metal Acolyte
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has the Jackson Custom Shop "Black Beauty" version of the Mark Morton signature Dominion guitar ever been made available to the general public? I have the regular production version of it (not the D2 model) and it is one of my favorite guitars. I'd love to have one of those black beauty models, but I've never seen one for sale anywhere.

·
Registered
4,184 Posts
Looks like JCF did a special run but other than that there is only ordering one via the custom shop.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
While that guitar might not look as hot - I've played a Dominion USA model and fuck me but it sounds awesome in the bridge and neck. The feel is great (as with any Jackson) but it just is very huge and thick.

·
Slow Money
14,612 Posts
Oh every one USA and Japanese ive gotten my hands on has been amazing all around. Theyre just ugly as fuck :lol:

·
Progalicious
75 Posts
I actually kinda like the look of the Dominion... I don't find it overly out there.

·
Super Moderator
8,927 Posts
It would be easier just to find an old Jackson SweeTone, which is structurally what that model is based on, but without the Gumby aesthetics.

·
Metal Acolyte
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I actually like the Gumby shape. And I love the overall configuration. I like it so much that it makes me curious to know what the Custom Shop version is like, with the neck binding and the (presumably) superior build quality. Not that the Korean-built production Dominion is poor quality. It is actually quite good, but I can't help but wonder what about the CS version...

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Jackson's CS stuff is generally to die for, so I'm sure that it's a monster - shape be damned.

·
Metal Acolyte
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well, I know some of you guys will think I'm insane, but I actually managed to score one of these babies off of eBay. I'm so stoked!

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Dude, if you wanted it, kudos!

·
Metal Acolyte
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks. :)

I absolutely love my standard production MIJ version (which I mistakenly referred to as being Korean earlier in this thread), so I'm excited to get my hands on the CS Black Beauty version.

The big question for me is: how much will I like the pickups? If I'm not mistaken the CS model has DiMarzio D-Activators, while my standard model has a Duncan '59/Custom pair. I am totally in love with the sound I get out of those Duncans, so it will be interesting to hear how those D-Activators sound in comparison.

·
I rippity rhymes, da rhymes dat I rip
217 Posts
I actually like it but I tend to prefer a lot of non-metal/super strat shapes. Plus I give this one extra points because it'd go great with a tux. Classy = :metal: in my book.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts