Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for this exact model Jackson, if someone comes across it. :wub:

There's a rosewood-boarded variant that I'd be interested in as well.

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
Assuming this is for a sentimental reason, like the ESP? Cause there are alot better deals out there on used jackson right now :lol:

Also, I think the direct mount pickups were only made 96-97. There are plenty of 90s dinkys out there however.

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Assuming this is for a sentimental reason, like the ESP? Cause there are alot better deals out there on used jackson right now :lol:

Also, I think the direct mount pickups were only made 96-97. There are plenty of 90s dinkys out there however.
The problem is it is really damn hard to find maple 'boarded Jacksons, before the DK2M came out, and Chris told me he hates sharkies.

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
The problem is it is really damn hard to find maple 'boarded Jacksons, before the DK2M came out, and Chris told me he hates sharkies.
How can you hate sharkies? :nuts:

There was a Ontario strat (kahler) on ebay last week with a maple board, I think bidding went up to like $550 with reserve not met (too many guys won't accept that they just aren't going as high as they used too :lol:).

Chris, if you're looking for a non sharkie jackson I'm looking to sell my 89 ontario Eerie Dess student in the next few months. Its rosewood with MOP dots, so theres no sharkies to hate :lol: If you like the whole war torn (fuck the phrase "relic" :lol:) aesthetic. Its actually near perfect functionally. Haven't figured out what pickups and case its going with yet so I'm not sure on price, but for someone here it would be <$700. Buy it from me so you can hang with the all the other 80s jackson guys here :metal:

And good luck trying to find a import dinky that hasn't been abused by some 15 year old that bought in from a pawn shop and covered it in "skater" stickers. I haven't seen a single one on ebay in the past few months where the trem hasn't been fucking covered in rust.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts